Idaho Closes Non-Resdent Tag Sales

As long as they don't screw up my hunting season...i like the way I have figured my hunting season...

Last edited:
Last year For elk - day before season at the trailhead I was the only In state hunter, had a great year chasing bulls - I can only imagine how good the hunting will be with less hunters afield.

sad to see the reasoning but you won't find me complaining!

To start with I am one of those that comes to your beautiful state to hunt elk. I apologise as I to get upset with all the out of state hunters that I see in my home state. I love to hunt, especially elk. I get the emails from Idaho fish and game. I don't claim to be intelligent or any thing close. But when I read the email I'm not sure they are stopping the elk and deer tags for out of state hunters. I may be wrong and if I am it sure wouldn't be the first time. Good luck to all of you with your hunting adventures.

what is their reasoning behind the decision? lower deer and elk numbers due to wolf overpopulation? The link would not open up.
The reasoning is to limit travel during the Coronavirus pandemic. Anyone coming into Idaho will still stop at grocery stores, liquor stores and other places. That traveler could be carrying CV and expose others.

If your a non-resident, you can still come hunt/fish if you have your license and tag already. It's stopping hunters/fishers from coming in that don't have licenses bought already. Non-residents can still by a license and deer elk tags for this fall and apply for hunts cause the hope is the virus restrictions are done by than. One of the reasons this happened so fast because one of the border states shutdown all hunting and fishing in their state, so to stop the influx of people that could come here and possibly spread the virus.

idcwby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.