Idaho Bear Hunting

jdmecomber

Official LRH Sponsor
Got away for a little bit, I got some decent video of some elk and bear. This bear got me a little excited.

Good footage. As usual they seem
To be constantly moving! This was my first year actually giving bear hunting a try, didn't see one until it was 2 days after season. And the same as the video, it was a Sow and two cubs so not legal take here in Idaho anyways but it was an elk scout trip so that was fine. Also glassed up a bachelor group of bulls with one bull that is most defnitenly going to make 320+". Saw more bulls than cows!

Good footage. As usual they seem
To be constantly moving! This was my first year actually giving bear hunting a try, didn't see one until it was 2 days after season. And the same as the video, it was a Sow and two cubs so not legal take here in Idaho anyways but it was an elk scout trip so that was fine. Also glassed up a bachelor group of bulls with one bull that is most defnitenly going to make 320+". Saw more bulls than cows!

I found elk in every area we went. It was way different then Washington. We were in Unit 4 Idaho.

We have a few days left so we might head back.

Guys at my work elk hunt up by metalline, they've seen a ton of elk this year. And I've seen a lot more elk this year so far in 4 different units than I normally see the entire year scouting.

Hopefully it's declining wolf numbers... we still have a long ways to get back to what it was in the 90's

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.