idaho antelope

screech

What unit in Idaho is a good unit to have a pretty decent shot of drawing a couple tags and have a good shot at getting an antelope or two and have somewhere to be able to hunt aka public land. I'm not looking for trophy bucks just somewhere dad and I can go spend some time in the field away from our work places.

It's been awhile sense I have been in these units but unit 40 and 42 were the choices of a good friend who was an avid antelope hunter. He hunted with a bow mainly. I have never hunted antelope personally down there but spent quite a bit of time chasing bucks and there were always a lot of antelope to look at going and coming. Have no idea what it may be like today. PM me if you want and I can check with a couple friends down there and get up to date.

Realistically there is no unit in idaho where you will have a "decent" chance of drawing, but since everyone has a chance you might as well apply.

Unit 40 will give you plenty of space and a fair amount of antelope.

Unit 42 has as much or more space and more antelope, but the few landowners there are there control most of the access via the few access roads.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.