idaho 32

droopy

planning my my ever elk hunt next year. I have family that recently moved to the southern edge of zone 32. i'm initially thinking of my buddy and I doing a diy hunt but would love to hear of any local guides with a good rep. have always hunted the woods of maine so this change of hunt is super exciting for me

Maybe go right in the middle of your idea and do a dropcamp...
Get horsebacked in and keep in contact just in case of emergency or to have a critter packed out.....

Maybe go right in the middle of your idea and do a dropcamp...
Get horsebacked in and keep in contact just in case of emergency or to have a critter packed out.....
I was thinking of the dropcamp idea. I actually would prefer more of a"your on your own but there are elk in this area" type of a guide but my buddy is more of a furnished cabin type of a guy so we'll see what we end up with lol

Tough to get away from the crowds in 32 , lots of roads and access. Tons of private property in the lower elevations, more public land in the higher country. There's elk there , but it won't be easy to get away from pressure. Good luck.

Don't let the first time in that unit be on your hunt, get a trip or two under your belt. You'll do fine I'm sure but there may be ways to make the trip suck less with some homework.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.