Idaho 20a mule deer hunt

Coddington99

Hello all, long time creeper of the forum here. Made an account to buy a gun and figured I'd try to gather some knowledge.

Would anyone mind sharing some knowledge on hunting unit 20a in Idaho? My dad has decided he wants to go, and I'm not going to let him go with out me! A little back ground. We archery hunt the eagle caps in Oregon every year for elk, hike in and live out of our packs for about a week at a time. We finally decided to make our first trip out of state, and I let him choose the unit. He is 100% set in stone he wants to hunt 20a.
I have been trying to research access options for the November hunt and it seems tricky.. flying would be our best option I would presume? Does anyone recommend a particular air strip? We want to fill our tags, and would be happy with deer numbers similar to Oregon if you have hunted here (not very many). Both my deer have been blacktail spikes, so I'm really looking for an average 3pt. But anything would excite me.
really just looking to have a good time with my old man.

I have looked at it, but have not hunted it. I learned that it's hit-or-miss on whether road access would be snowed in by the November hunt. So flying in/out sounds like the firmest bet. I'm no help regarding particular airstrips or transporters.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.