ID this bullet, please

They look like old Nosler Partition bullets. Dating back into the earlier day when they turned the jackets. I think they use what is called impact extrusion to form the jackets now.
Used Bullets that looked like that many moons ago.

Someone gave me these bullets years ago and I have no idea what they are, other than 7mm 160gn. They have exposed lead tips and exposed lead bases. There appears to be pressure cuts in the shank, kinda like what's on the Barnes Triple Shocks. Is this a older Partition? Best guess.....?View attachment 228189
Yep, old style Nosler Partition

Someone gave me these bullets years ago and I have no idea what they are, other than 7mm 160gn. They have exposed lead tips and exposed lead bases. There appears to be pressure cuts in the shank, kinda like what's on the Barnes Triple Shocks. Is this a older Partition? Best guess.....?View attachment 228189

The photo of the bullets looks like an older Nosler partition bullet with the turn/lathe marks on the outside. They definitely are Nosler partition bullets with the lead in the second posted photo, but.....they are old (60-70s era) and they do perform quite well. I used to use these bullets in a 6.5 RemMag, 140 grain for whitetail deer, hit like the hammer of Thor.

Dang, thanks for the help fellas. I can see that some have been pulled but I don't know where they came from. I only have about 30 but I'm gonna push some tomorrow ahead of Retumbo and see what the 7Mag 700P likes. Hopefully I can find a sub MOA load within 12-15 shots and if so I'll load the rest and use 'em on deer.
Dont do that. Because they'll shoot incredibly well and kill like lightning. Then you'll be searching high and low, asking on forums etc trying to find more "magic" bullets.

Ha ha ha! John Klingenberg has it right -- when you find yourself with only 30 bullets of a kind you can no longer buy, better give them away or toss them in the trash. Your life would be ruined if they worked like magic and you knew you had just shot your last one!

Definitely an old Nosler.

160gr Nosler Partitions.
I still have more than a few boxes with the steel corners in .338" 250gr Partitions with the turned cannelure bullets, bought for bear guiding in the late 80's but ended up using Speer 275gr Semi Spitzers, man did they penetrate.
Those were the days.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.