Icy, windy waves - Door County, WI

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Icy, windy waves - Ephraim harbor - Door County, WI

Taken with my new Galaxy S20 Ultra cell phone camera. Really pleased with it.

20200421_120823.jpg
20200421_123203.jpg
20200421_120910.jpg
20200421_121041.jpg

Thanks, Bill!

These were shot earlier this week. The water level was unusually high and temps were about 30 degrees at noon.

I live only 30 minutes from Lake Michigan and the winter sights on lighthouses and general can be so beautiful. These pics are fantastic and I had to put a hoodie on it looked so cold! I just realized my wife and I vacationed in Sturgeon Bay only few miles away last year and wished I thought of buying you a beer thanking you for a great site!

Great pictures ! The "phones" these days are incredible cameras. My S10 has a night mode to shoot stars on a timed exposure(you have to hold it still for a few seconds).
BTW it is 95F here in So Cal and Mount Baldy ski area reopened, before it melts.

Wedgy

I must try that night feature.

That will be incredible on my mountain backpack trips this year.

I believe there is an app called night sky and wherever you point the phone it tells you the constellation. Then you can setup the phone stable and hit the timer for a screen shot.

It's in the "more" column where it says "photo, video, single shot, more"
thumbnail (98).jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.