icon builds?

Coyboy

Any of the fellow smiths on this site built on the icon? I'm curious of your opinions of this action and it's quality.

I got TC ICON, but I was told I will void my warranty if gunsmiths outside of TC do anything to it... They got their own custom shop in case you need modifications.

Jinx, I'm sure we void the warrenty on all factory actions when we tear the rifle down. But that dosen't stop us:)

If someone tear them down then, first issue will resurface, there are no custom stocks made for ICON's action with 3 recoil lugs, I might be out of date on this, but when I searched it I couldn't find any.

iconBeddingBlock.jpg

So what you going end up with is same stock same action the only thing you might be able to change is the barrel, but TC has its own service, they will replace it for you without voiding the warranty.

If someone tear them down then, first issue will resurface, there are no custom stocks made for ICON's action with 3 recoil lugs, I might be out of date on this, but when I searched it I couldn't find any.

So what you going end up with is same stock same action the only thing you might be able to change is the barrel, but TC has its own service, they will replace it for you without voiding the warranty.
Manners has an Icon stock. 100% carbon fiber, too.

tcicon_009-600x124.jpg

I think you're missing Coyboy's point. Sure, you can replace the barrel with a factory one and keep your warranty. What he wants to do is tear it down, true the action, replace the factory barrel with a match barrel and custom chamber, bed the action in a stiffer stock... Ending up with a rifle that's anything but factory.

Just sending it back to the factory isn't even on his radar.

Manners, didn't know thanks! Yes I know exactly what Coyboy is looking for, probably same thing I would like to do with my ICON one of these days. Actually I'm thinking to glass bed its action, but there are not much info about it, when I'm ready to do it I'll post it myself, but I'm very interested in this post so I'm sort of keeping it alive :D I don't want to hijack it or anything, just keep conversation going...

all is well, thanks guys for the coments.

I have a few irons in the fire as "experimental projects" and I try to get a little work done on them when I have time.

The Icon has been a curiosity for me for a while and I was waiting for a few custom builds to be posted up on it but have not seen one yet, I'm sure someone has rebuilt one but may-be there keeping it a secret!:rolleyes:

If I find a buy on one I may just make it another one of my projects.

FWIW guys I can inlet a stock for just about any action on the planet. All of my guns start with an uninletted blank.

If you ever need one of these done up, just order the stock as a blank and gimme a shout. Be happy to help. The 3 lug thing seems a little odd to me, but no worries. Just a few more features to program.

Cheers,

C

NesikaChad, the stocks blank you talking about must be either wood or laminate? I really like what TC put on their Warlord line its a T2A stock from Manners,
warlord_bipod.jpg

but I've seen your work there was something similar done but on laminate stock, so if it is possible one of this days I will definatley give you a holler. *[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.