Ice fishing for perch ...

FEENIX

I took a quick break from school stuff this AM and did a little ice fishing, first for the season. :(

PERCH.jpg

Real nice! A buddy went up to Devils Lake in ND last week and caught some real whoppers.

No whoopers and they are finicky. I have to admit, I was ill-prepared. Got some bait yesterday and did not check my gear since 2 years ago and off I went with a buddy. Also, got me a new electric drill auger Eskimo 8" and works like a champ propelled by 1250 FT-LBS of torque Milwaukee cordless drill. Going back on Monday and give another go.

I'm going to try a lake just out of Whitefish and see what happens ! The Wife said fish all day but bring some perch back for dinner !
Thank you !

LOL! My wife says the same all the time. We were fishing at Holter Lake near Craig. Most are fishing between 28-36', we were using red and white maggots. Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks FEENIX !
I was thinking of a trip down to see my Daughter , maybe head out a day earlier and wet a line .
My son and I did good last year for perch! I have to catch a lot, my daughter loves them too !! Ha ha

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.