Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

I didn't know him personaly ,But I liked his post and point of view .

We will all miss him .

He was the real deal ( A True Sportsman and a gentleman. )

J E CUSTOM

I am sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go to the family for sure. I am just a guy on this forum & I did not know him, however I had messaged him a time or two & he took the time to answer promptly, I was impressed with that. He seemed to be very nice & humble. Funny, I just read this news & I am about to step out side to my range & shoot some 168BT, Berger & A-Max loads in my 308VS. I have read his info alot to get 308 info.

To Ian's Family,

I am truly saddened.

Ian left a great trail to follow. His influence will linger with those with whom he associated on this site and else where for many years, even generations.

To Len,

I'm sharing a tear with ya.

To us,

We lost a great one.

Condolences to Ian's family.

I have really enjoyed reading Ian's articles. He would have been a great person to share a campsite with and stand shoulder to shoulder with as a brown bear charged in.

Stu.

Family and friends of Ian ,

I am saddened for all of you who were close to him . Reading the posts in this thread I was also sorry that I had missed an opportunity to know a really good guy .
I am gladdened by the thought that you all did know him and were made richer for it .

May God bless you all and comfort you in your loss .

Jim Brown

Words cannot effectively describe how I feel right now. Ian was a personal friend of mine and taught me more about long range shooting than anyone else I know. He also taught me about a lot of other great and important things, but mostly I think we both learned to value our friendship more than anything. This past year has been tough for me because I knew he was really sick and possibly sicker than he would let on. I was very blessed to have known him and I will miss him greatly, but feel extremely fortunate to be one of the people he considered a friend. One thing is for sure, I am a much better person for having had him as a friend. He brought out the best in me and had a very positive influence on my life. I know he is at peace now and that does give me some comfort.

Thank you Ian for giving me things that I can take with me beyond this life.
Troy

A truly nice and generous man and a great ambassador to the sport. His writings were informative and helpful.

I have conversed with him for a few years now and he always came across as a true gentleman.

He will be deeply missed.

My sincere and deepest condolences to his family

Jerry Teo

I am so sad. He was really a great forum member. He had gotten an agreement to write a book on Long Range Hunting and had asked if I (and I am sure quite a few others on the forum) would help edit it. I was really looking forward to helping him on that project.

What sad news this is---My prayers will be with Ian's family and friends. We will miss him greatly here at LRH, but I'm sure we'll never forget him.

Len that is a great picture you used of Ian, he looks like he's in his element. That smile says a lot. Thanks for being a part of our family here at LRH, Ian.

Sincerely

Jim

While I never spoke directly to him, I enjoyed his writing very much. It is clear we have lost one of the greats. His accomplishments have and will continue to benefit us all.

His family is in our prayers.

Shocked and saddened to hear this. I enjoyed Ian's articles, threads and posts. His contributions to this forum were impressive, as was his knowledge. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and loved ones at this time.

I just got the email. I am so sorry. Ian always offered valuable experiance and cool stories here. I talked to him several times and we tried several times to meet here in Anchorage as he was passing through for various hunts but could never hook up. I will regret dearly never being able to meet him.

Len, I am very sorry.

Sincerly,

Michael Eichele

I am deeply saddened. I was not aware that Ian was in poor health. We have all been enriched by his contributions and selfless example and we are greatly diminished by his absence. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Festus

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.