I won a wild boar hunt at

Boyd,

BIG MIKES, oh yeah, I know the place, right next to little sally's.
grin.gif

What state is BIG MIKES in?

BTW, you are a lucky little fart, you win all sorts of stuff. Need a partner? hint hint.

If its up near Wellsboro I may know of the place your talking about, if not, then I don't.

Have a happy holiday.

Don
smile.gif

Don,it's in Pa...It's an 814 area code.....I think it's around Ebensburg somewhere.I have to call him Monday to make plan's....Gonna shoot one with a MK!!!!!!
grin.gif

Boyd, I'm doing one of those in NY January 7th. They are penned hunts so I would never do one for deer or elk. But, for some good pork I'm sure it will be fun!

I thought about what weapon I would use and decided since it is a penned hunt that I would use my bow so I can enjoy those tasty pork ribs!!!!

Good Luck & Happy Holidays

Boyd,
An acquaintance of mine did a similar hunt a while ago and he whapped a boar with a 168 J4 behind the shoulders, less than 150 yards with a .308 Win. and after a 7-8 hour search they gave up and never found the rascal. That is only one shot, one boar and one bullet so it might not mean a hell of a lot. I have shot a number of Texas critters with Sciroccos and Bear Claws and the .308 did a fine job.

It will be interesting to hear how you make out with Matchkings, might be worth having a Barnes, Failsafe or BearClaw in the magazine in case you need a second go at him.

Good luck, makin' bacon.
ian

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.