I wish Remington.....................

kc

I wish Remington would build a 6.5x284 as another rifle..Mine is so darned accurate I just don't understand them. At 400 yards I can kill skeet..Its always been sub MOA. # 100 yards I can keep three shots in one hole 3/8 to 1/2..

What your Opinion?

I wish Remington would build a 6.5x284 as another rifle..Mine is so darned accurate I just don't understand them. At 400 yards I can kill skeet..Its always been sub MOA. # 100 yards I can keep three shots in one hole 3/8 to 1/2..

What your Opinion?

They will never build one because they already have a 6.5 rem mag that is only slightly larger

It is a belted case and will fit is the short action.

I just re barreled one for a friend and it shoots great (Sub 1/2 MOA)

J E CUSTOM

My opinion is that Remington has always been their own worst enemy when it come to chamberings they've developed.
The 6mm and the twist issue.
Then the fact that they offer the .243 in a varmint gun, but not the 6mm!
The .280 being underloaded for years due to the platform(s) they offered it in.
The 6.5Mag in short barreled "guide rifles" instead of longer range platforms.
Now they don't offer the .260 in a varmint, sendero or sps. Accurate round, lightweight platforms only.
The 6.5/.260 offerings are especially bad considering the BCs of the average .264 bullet.
Their work with the 7-08 is borderline.
I swear their marketing dept. NEVER sits down with their engineering division, or spends time at ranges to see what chamberings people are shooting!

They are better at killing their stuff than anyone.

I would like to see the 700 PSS chambered to 6.5-284 and 338 Norma Mag. I heard they made a 338 Lapua but only put a 22 inch barrel on it, pointless.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.