I want to get into duck hunting

• Thread starter Deleted member 112772
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 112772

I don't have a shotgun for hunting. What would be a good entry level shotgun? Any thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. I was thinking like $600 to $700 range.

When I started duck hunting in college I bought a Remington 870 12ga. Said I'd upgrade later. Well 12 years later I'm still shooting that 870. It's ended a lot of birds.

Be careful of waterfowling. It's addicting. Heck it's about the only thing I hunted for about 4 year. My senior year of college I literally scheduled my classes so I could hunt 4-5 mornings a week.

I have some experience in this area, been duck hunting since I was 18, that was 39 years ago. I only have two preferences for waterfowling as it can be rough on your firearm, that is no wood, and the second is durability.

For your price range I have 3 suggestions, Rem 870, Benelli Nova, and Mossberg 500, all are pretty much bulletproof. I hunted with the 500 for 18 years and never had a problem. My only recommendation for an auto is one of the Benelli versions, although I'm sure there are other very comparable ones out there. My Monifeltro has been with me for 22 years and I'll not likely ever get another waterfowl gun.

Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.