I want some great non-20moa bases..

joshua99ta

I've been looking around for some bases for a new rifle I'm hoping to pick up when I get in from work(3 weeks from now) and mostly all I have found that sounds to be of a good name have been 20moa's...

the reason behind not looking for a 20moa is this rifle isnt going to be a long range rifle, 400 yards and less, its going to be a 25-06 for some deer and coyote shooting.... MAYBE some 600 yard plinking.

From what I can see, all of the "good" makers that offer 20 or grater MOA bases also offer standard bases for the common tactical guns like Rem 700, Savage 10, etc. Take a look at Nightforce, Badger, Farrell, Near, etc., if you want a Picatinny style base. You can also use just a Redfield type of mount. I prefer Leupold brand of Redfield type mounts or double dovetail.

I have always had great results with the Ken Farrel bases. Very straight and solid

this is going to be a rem 700 sps rifle...

I see lots of these big rifles w. picatinny style rails but those just don't seem like that would hold up to me... I had some weavers on a .45-70 govt. and it slipped and I never could get them to hold.

If you use a picatinny rail and quality rings you will not have a problem.
There is nothing more sturdy and repeatable!
My favorite combo is the Farrel base and burris xtr rings.
I don't understand the problem you would have with them slipping.
I shoot them on a 338 Lapua Improved with no problems

thanks for the info guys... I'll look a little harder tonight and see if I can find something I like.

have you guys ever had any experience w/ the grim reaper one peice mounts? they are rather cheap(around $70 for a set I think)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.