I want a legit argument against an old trusted cartridge

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Badgerclaw, Oct 3, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. TangoOscarMike

TangoOscarMike Well-Known Member

Most deer? I would say all deer. Moose aren't even immune to that 7mm Mag.

Look at something simple like the 160g Nosler Partition loading by Federal.

Out at 400 yards its still traveling at 2200 feet per second and carrying 1730 pounds of energy. I would take that kind of performance on moose any day.

If you're handloading you can obviously do better, however the cartridge has been around for so long and has been so popular there are a ton of great off the shelf choices.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. Stgraves260

Stgraves260 Well-Known Member

Id
    I’d like to argue with you but I just can’t. LoL!!! We both on the same page. If a 12 year old boy can drop a Elk at just under 1400 yards with a 7 Rem Mag and 180 grain Berger VLDs. Well that’s it. Just nothin else to say.

3. 5.56×250

5.56×250 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know I was joining a club with my latest purchases ! I recently built a 6.5 creed remage , and caught some 511 taclite pants on sale not long ago too. I will have to start practicing using the term " running " when referring to my bullet choice. I'm RUNNING 130 Berger's in my perfect caliber rifle . Hmm, gonna take some getting use to, I recon. :D