i want a cheek pad....suggestions/advice

fieldsj66

wanting a cheek pad to raise sight line.

i don't want one with fifty zippered pockets and 40 shell loops.

leather is nice but not mandatory.

would like one that also attaches to end of stock.

suggestions and advice appreciated. links would also be helpful.

thanks.

Cheers,

I went with a different approach and had a specific reason for doing so.

Comb Raising Kits | Beartooth Products

I need a high cheek weld. I also plan to permanently modify my HS Precision stock at some point by adding material to the comb, blending it in, and repainting the stock. Soooo... I wanted to experiment with different heights. By following the posted link you'll see this system allows you to play a bit.

I've used this kit for about a year and a half and have found it to be durable, adjustable, and cheap; all of which help me to zero in on final modifications to my rifle stock.

Just my 2 cents

Try the Blackhawk Classic Lace on cheek rest ...

unnamed.jpg

You can get them for a low as $12 ...

Blackhawk 90CP00BK Classic Lace-on Rifle Cheek Rest

Another option is the cheek welder ...

image012.jpg

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=VvpsTrG7OYXXiALgrfTIDg&ved=0CCMQ8wIwAA

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
I use a Blackhawk Tact available at Optics Planet for about $20. It has Velcro straps, and has a good feel to it. You can adjust the dimensions to fit perfectly at the top and sides with the inserts supplied. No extra pockets or loops, and looks good. I like the straps because you are able to get it on and off easily to be able to remove the bolt,and use it on multiple rifles.

I use a Blackhawk lace up. It works well. I want to find something a little more "detachable". I have to take the pad off to use a bore guide. I can get the bolt out, but it is tight. I may make a adjustable cheek piece.

This site has several different options you may want to check.

Home

I used one that straps on and it has not moved, nice padding, easy to take on and off.

Good luck

thanks for all the replies guys!

putting it on a tikka hunter.

looks like i'm going to head to the blackhawks and check them out.

i thought about modifying the leather one from cabelas but the two aforementioned blackhawks (the lace up and the other tactical) sound pretty good too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.