I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surely thought so as well but about everything 45 days they respond with a letter with another excuse that I have to address. This wasn't a full custom rifle but I can't imagine they would pay a 4500k claim.
What infuriates me is when you insure a shipment, you state a value and pay a premium BASED ON THAT VALUE. There should be no question as to value when a shipment is a total loss, (destroyed or lost) and claim should be paid. They way they duck out of paying claims is so corrupt.
It would be different if there was damage and it was arguable as to how much it would cost to make it whole but when they "lose it" they should pay full value no questions asked.

Thanks for all the advice! I can promise my next transaction will be done much different!

Have you heard anything yet? Seems like Savagescott has posted a pile of stuff for sale on this forum. Looks like just about, if not all of his previous posts are sale listings.

Last edited:
The guy could be sick or who knows what could have possibly happened to him. Only time will tell if he scammed the OP.

OKAY. I'll wait for list of all the members who did NOT violate PayPal rule who he has scammed.

Blaming the seller when the buyer is at fault.

OKAY. I'll wait for list of all the members who did NOT violate PayPal rule who he has scammed.

Blaming the seller when the buyer is at fault.
My Bad. I wasn't blaming you. I didn't know there was a list of folks who he's scammed. I'm truly sorry for your situation.

I surely thought so as well but about everything 45 days they respond with a letter with another excuse that I have to address. This wasn't a full custom rifle but I can't imagine they would pay a 4500k claim.

In the case of a custom rifle you will need to document all costs, tho most insurers usually won't cover labor.

What infuriates me is when you insure a shipment, you state a value and pay a premium BASED ON THAT VALUE.

Imagine if life insurance companies worked that way:

"Well ma'am, we realize you had your husband insured for a Million, but we looked in the casket, he's only worth about $75k, here's a check for $37,500"

You are SOL. You ignored PP rules and they will not honor your claim.

Actually from what I've garnered from other boards is that PP has intervened even when the PPFF option was used tho I don't remember if they made the complainant whole or not. A good rule is that if you use PPFF don't expect much sympathy from PP.

Yeah that's my fault for derailing, my apologies. It seemed like it had gotten off topic and was becoming more of a rant so I chimed in on actions I will certainly do different next time. In regards to the buyer I would like to think people are better than what it appears of SavageScott. I try to get tracking out while I'm sitting in the parking lot after shipping, if I gave someone my money I would appreciate the same in return. Again my apologies again to the OP for getting down a rabbit hole.

Yeah that's my fault for derailing, my apologies. It seemed like it had gotten off topic and was becoming more of a rant so I chimed in on actions I will certainly do different next time. In regards to the buyer I would like to think people are better than what it appears of SavageScott. I try to get tracking out while I'm sitting in the parking lot after shipping, if I gave someone my money I would appreciate the same in return. Again my apologies again to the OP for getting down a rabbit hole.

Some of the tangential posts are useful and informative so there's that.

Everything was done through PM . He says it was shipped on 8-27-20 . We communicated back and fourth on tracking but he stopped responding on the 9-12-20
Tracking number?

FWIW; a couple months ago I bought some bullets from an LRH member in NM, the USPS let the package languish in DFW for a couple weeks. I finally filed a missing package claim with USPS. Long story-short. It took 5 weeks to receive a NM outbound package in TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.