I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning went to ship a couple of riflescopes, headed to the UPS store, they can box them up but couldn't create a label for shipping. I asked why, gun related he responds. Go to another shipping joint, they can box, insure and ship, but I could only request tracking or signature, not both. I asked why, regulations per shipping companies.

I suspect that this has more to do with these shipping companies wanting to secure the market and drive these little mom and pop and franchise locations out of business.

What should have been a 20 minute ordeal drug out for 2 1/2hrs. Retarded and frustrating

I started using USPS (MAIL) TO SHIP BECAUSE THEY ASSIGN A TRACKING # AND Insurance "AND" also allow for a signed receipt. This way I know where it is at any time, If the person received it and they send me a signed Verification of receipt.

UPS agents ask to many questions and If you have their rule book handy Company policy allows firearm parts. I got challenged on shipping some brass and had to show them that their own
rules allowed them but the store owner was anti gun and told me he did not have to ship anything that ha didn't want to, so I proceeded (Very politely)to tell him I would allow him to ship a box on used cat litter.

Remember, I mentioned Carma ? The business closed within the year. All he had to do is follow the company rules, But he allowed politics to inter the business, and in Texas, that can be the kiss of death depending on which way they go.

J E CUSTOM

Not to burst your bubble and I hope you get what you paid for but a couple years ago the same thing happened to me. I was looking for a Marlin 1895 SBL in .45-70 and found one on Armslist.com. Communication was great until I sent him the money order then he disappeared from sight. No more communication and I never got the rifle or my money back. I was out over $800. I tried using my local police to get my money but it was not to be. But being the Christian that I am I have forgiven the man. He will be facing God sooner or later and his judgement will come.

I have had very bad luck with the USPS. Since the first of the year they have lost two packages and one Postal MO. You have to wait 60 days before they will declare it lost and refund your money. With lost packages, even though you paid for the insurance from the shipper, you have to contact the shipper. It is up to them to refund your money, not they clowns that lost it. I wish UPS would start a mail service, The USPS is a joke!!!!!!! And to file a claim, you have to do it online. Good luck with that!!! The only people you can talk to are the local people at your PO. And the Demorats want to use mail in Ballots, what a joke!!!!! Done with USPS, use only for receiving mail.

USPS has a very bad policy on insurance. I bought a Motorhome windshield and it was mailed to me insured. It arrived broken and the seller kept half the insturance money and sent me the balance. I had paid for it and he didnt lose a thing. But he was in Washington and I was in Texas so I took my lumps and slunk home. The PO should pay out to the injured party!!!

USPS has a very bad policy on insurance. I bought a Motorhome windshield and it was mailed to me insured. It arrived broken and the seller kept half the insturance money and sent me the balance. I had paid for it and he didnt lose a thing. But he was in Washington and I was in Texas so I took my lumps and slunk home. The PO should pay out to the injured party!!!

They pay out to the claimant who is the one who purchased the insurance. He screwed you since he supposedly didn't lose anything. Sad.

Yes, and I paid for the insurance, it didnt come out of his pocket. PO would not take my claim on my end and insisted he had to file the claim.

I am currently going through a USPS claim for a rifle they lost of mine that I sold to a guy on here. After 4 wks and no location change I refunded his money. It has now been 5 months and USPS is still refusing to pay the claim because the proof of value is insufficient. I highly suggest any seller and buyer sign a sales receipt and do not use friends and family so you will have proof of the transaction. I am out a lot of money for this dang ordeal.

Yes, and I paid for the insurance, it didnt come out of his pocket. PO would not take my claim on my end and insisted he had to file the claim.

It doesn't matter who paid for the insurance; the other party was the shipper so they initiate the claim.

I am currently going through a USPS claim for a rifle they lost of mine that I sold to a guy on here. After 4 wks and no location change I refunded his money. It has now been 5 months and USPS is still refusing to pay the claim because the proof of value is insufficient. I highly suggest any seller and buyer sign a sales receipt and do not use friends and family so you will have proof of the transaction. I am out a lot of money for this dang ordeal.

I would think that his agreement to buy at your price would establish value. Perhaps you could get a gun dealer to write a letter of support affirming value.

You used PayPal. You violated their rules. Now you are upset ? We should have sympathy ? I send checks or USPS M.O.s. Have NEVER had a "proof of value" problem.

Expensive lesson which reading and heeding the rules could have avoided.

"What is PayPal's policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don't allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it's in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can't buy or sell:
  • Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they're for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
  • Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
  • Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm. "

You used PayPal. You violated their rules. Now you are upset ? We should have sympathy ? I send checks or USPS M.O.s. Have NEVER had a "proof of value" problem.

Expensive lesson which reading and heeding the rules could have avoided.

"What is PayPal's policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don't allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it's in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can't buy or sell:
  • Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they're for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
  • Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
  • Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm. "
No sir I am not upset with PayPal at all, PayPal has don't nothing wrong. What I was focusing on when I said don't use friends and family, was reflecting on it is not considered a sales receipt. And no sir your sympathy means nothing to me so don't waste time with it. The point of my post was to help make sure sellers are generating a proper sales receipt to help with a claim. USPS is trying to get out of paying the claim even after me and the buyer generated a proof of purchase.

I would think that his agreement to buy at your price would establish value. Perhaps you could get a gun dealer to write a letter of support affirming value.
I surely thought so as well but about everything 45 days they respond with a letter with another excuse that I have to address. This wasn't a full custom rifle but I can't imagine they would pay a 4500k claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.