I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you ask 300winmag what he thinks about savagescott? See thread link below.

However, that was on the buying side. A quick search showed that savagescott sold a bunch of stuff on this site. Maybe buyer feedback was just not entered. I can't believe he just decided to start running a scam on this site now after all these years. I may be wrong, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, especially since USPS is so f'ed up.

Last edited:
Same experience as I posted. Packages and MO lost. So lame. Never had a Fedex or UPS package or letter go missing. Seriously at this point I wouldn't even consider sending anything important/valuable via USPS anymore.

They do have registered mail for important/valuable stuff.

would be great if people o n this site were honest

I think you are way off base with that statement.

I think most every forum is populated with a high percentage of good people, it's the 1-2 people on the forum that get the press. I have bought and sold across multiple forums and have been very lucky to have great transactions on all of them. I have had a couple of rifle conditions overstated, but had way more understated.

I think you are way off base with that statement.

I think most every forum is populated with a high percentage of good people, it's the 1-2 people on the forum that get the press. I have bought and sold across multiple forums and have been very lucky to have great transactions on all of them. I have had a couple of rifle conditions overstated, but had way more understated.

What he said. You can't let the few bad apples dictate how you feel about everyone else. It's not fair to the good folks. After all you are on this site but I assume you feel you are an honest fellow.

Its not just the USPS any more either. I just received a 2,000 Federal 215's via FedEx that the box looked like it was dragged behind the truck in the rain. Fully marked with HazMat etc. I happened to catch the driver dropping it off and asked her if she knew what was in the box and what the labels meant. And she said no. :eek:🤬 So I sent pic to Natchez and they were glad I told them so who knows what happened next but end of day Federal boxes the primers extremely well so they were not damaged which was hard to believe from the looks of the shipping box itself.

There's your sign....

Maybe should coin that term? ;)

Over the years I have taken certain steps to buy and sell on line that seems to work for me so far. I think most photo the contents of the shipment but I also strongly recommend the photo for the address and how the box was sealed on ALL sides to insure you can prove to the USPS (shippers) it was not an address error and that the package was securely sealed. Also recommend including another address label To and From within the box and on the contents if at all possible so if the outside address label is destroyed, the USPS, UPS or FEDEX etc has means of readdressing the shipment correctly. I've started to include mobile telephone number as well to eliminate all excuses we could not contact you. Adding the address on the contents itself adds another measure to show the shipper there is no way they could not have readdress it since the contents were addressed as well. Like virtually everyone, I send tracking number to the buyer and request the same but I think now I will be sending actual photo of the tracking receipt as added safety net for all parties involved.

I have now basically assumed the package will be lost or seriously damaged at some point and what measures have I taken to mitigate any and all potential scenarios to help get the package to final destination. Sad to think that we have to take these steps just to ship a package but what other choices do we have for piece of mind on a transaction for both sides of the deal?

Saw earlier post on joining UPS Home Delivery, joined some time ago and so far it has worked extremely well to track packages right door with timing.

Finally, my apologies for getting off OP track. Just added this.

Last edited:
Has any one had any dealings with SAVAGE SCOTT ?

Don't know the man so I would have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you have a tracking # find out from the carrier if it was delivered first, then go from there. Try and find out if anything may have happened to him that could have prevented him from responding back to you. He probably has friends on this site that could respond to you if he fell ill or something else.

Also look at his profile and see his seller history and talk to some of those. I know you would feel bad if something happened to him and he was misjudged.

There are lots of good honest members and maybe a few bad ones, so hopefully he is one of the good ones, and just fell on bad times.

J E CUSTOM

Don't know the man so I would have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you have a tracking # find out from the carrier if it was delivered first, then go from there. Try and find out if anything may have happened to him that could have prevented him from responding back to you. He probably has friends on this site that could respond to you if he fell ill or something else.

Also look at his profile and see his seller history and talk to some of those. I know you would feel bad if something happened to him and he was misjudged.

There are lots of good honest members and maybe a few bad ones, so hopefully he is one of the good ones, and just fell on bad times.

J E CUSTOM

I was on a coin site that had a buy sell trade forum. There were a couple of posters who had built up a good reputation. I had dealings with both. The forum also has a "circle of trust" comprised of members whose word was their bond. If they bought then you would ship pronto knowing that you would get made. Well those couple posters [plus others] ended up going bad and stiffing some folks for a lot of money.

Way back when, Midway would ship before the check cleared and I remember hearing of someone setting them up with a bunch of small orders and good checks and stiffing them on a big one.

I was on a coin site that had a buy sell trade forum. There were a couple of posters who had built up a good reputation. I had dealings with both. The forum also has a "circle of trust" comprised of members whose word was their bond. If they bought then you would ship pronto knowing that you would get made. Well those couple posters [plus others] ended up going bad and stiffing some folks for a lot of money.

Way back when, Midway would ship before the check cleared and I remember hearing of someone setting them up with a bunch of small orders and good checks and stiffing them on a big one.

As I said, there are some bad people on any site and they will soon be found out. I was scammed and learned how to avoid this happening again. It wasn't a fortune but it was still wrong. I did some sleuthing and found the location of the scammer and sent the police there for a visit with a search warrant to seize his computer for evidence. He was arrested and Carma caught up with him.

I have not gotten the money back. and probably never will. But I will not allow one encounter to cause me to mistrust everyone else on this site.

So just be careful and look at their history of transaction's and then decide if you want to do a deal or not. 👍

J E CUSTOM

So this morning went to ship a couple of riflescopes, headed to the UPS store, they can box them up but couldn't create a label for shipping. I asked why, gun related he responds. Go to another shipping joint, they can box, insure and ship, but I could only request tracking or signature, not both. I asked why, regulations per shipping companies.

I suspect that this has more to do with these shipping companies wanting to secure the market and drive these little mom and pop and franchise locations out of business.

What should have been a 20 minute ordeal drug out for 2 1/2hrs. Retarded and frustrating

My wife uses USPS for all the products she ships every month, hundreds a month and a good percentaje of them are marked delivered a day ot two before they are actually delivered to the customer.

Thats correct, they are literally marked delivered by USPS co-workers before they are delivered. This happens in about 8 to 10 of the packages, every week she needs to deal with tickes off customers because of this.

This has been going on for little over a year and half now, so not to be blamed on covid or Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.