I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't use usps for any shipments of physical items other than letters. They have lost two items in the last 6 months! The postal system is a train wreck since the new leadership put overtime restrictions in place.
If u do use their service be sure to insure, and then be sure you can show proof of value when you need to make a claim.

I've had pretty good luck with USPS. FedEx on the other hand has been horrible lately.

Yeah the guy has been a member since 2011. All of our communication had went good ! He sure doesn't come across as a bad guy. Just strange how he all of a sudden stop responding.
Shipping has been messed up and delayed everywhere. Hopefully for us honest members he comes thru for you or everyone gets a black eye! He may be out hunting the mountains with no signal. Keep your hopes up!! 🇺🇸

I have a Swarovski spotting scope that shows it was delivered by FedEx last Thursday. Because of the cost involved, seller had it signature required, no electronic signature. I live 1.1 miles from the paved county road, the driver left it at the cattle guard in plain sight of the road. Well, it was delivered at noonish, I was at the mailbox at 12:20 and there was no package, so I assumed it was taken to the house, since the GF works from home, she was there. Well, nope, I tried for 4 days to get in contact with FedEx, specifically a US based representative, they finally called me this morning, their stance is that they delivered it, I said OK, who signed for it, back and forth with the representative who finally called the driver who said he left it at the gate, I asked him who signed for it, he said no one, he just left it. They agreed to refund the seller the insured amount, so now I get a brand new one for the cost of a demo unit.

So it's not just USPS, they all are infected with less than stellar employees.

I am curious, who pays, doesn't the home delivery FedEx drivers own their vehicles?

I lost a custom knife delivered in a similar way. USPS said it was delivered to the mailbox on the road even though it was insured and would not fit in the box. They also failed to pay the insurance claim since it was delivered to the correct address. The theft report on USPS was closed in 24hours with no action I could see.

I was told packages that did not fit in the box were supposed to be delivered to the house in rural areas like mine if they would not fit in the mailbox.

While I really like my normal mail carriers (driver) and the local post office, USPS service in the current 'climate' is bordering on "horrible".

Two things,
First, a seller has a responsibility to immediately provide a tracking number to the buyer; bad move on Savagescott to not do so.

Second, USPS has been having excessive delays trying to force Congress to give them another bailout. I purchase a set of rings from Opticsplanet. They shipped immediately. I saw my package sit for 3 weeks at the same distribution center. After 3 weeks, you can file a claim for lost packages, which we did. My package showed up the day after we filed the claim. (Interestingly, to my home address even though the package was clearly marked with my P.O. Box address)

Never ship via USPS unless it is a 2 day Priority shipment.
Lololol ole USPS. I just received a package from the mid west to the east coast of Canada. Was shipped in May. I did the math and I could have had that item shipped 3-1/2 times via ship from China (during a pandemic).
All online shopping i do now is shipped via Fedx or similar Co.

Set of leicas went to Texas and transit said out for delivery...i live in Idaho...just a little off..those binos been in more states than me...month ordeal..
Half dozen lead bullets I made for mzldr were to go to Buhl to test hardness and guy was to shoot them to tell me if they were okay..about 3 hours drive...they ended up in Virginia..fbi headquarters..bix smashed by hyster..tracks on cardboard..all bullets smashed unusable...i made the USPS reimburse all delivery and bullet cost...
2 month ordeal

I was once expecting a check from a bank that was to be over-nighted with signature required. Found it on my doorstep the next day in an envelope being blown around by the wind. The check was a payoff for over $47,000.00. They were a bit concerned when I called them to ask where it was. I finally told them how I received it but they were not very appologetic. It was shipped via FedEx.

I have a Swarovski spotting scope that shows it was delivered by FedEx last Thursday. Because of the cost involved, seller had it signature required, no electronic signature. I live 1.1 miles from the paved county road, the driver left it at the cattle guard in plain sight of the road. Well, it was delivered at noonish, I was at the mailbox at 12:20 and there was no package, so I assumed it was taken to the house, since the GF works from home, she was there. Well, nope, I tried for 4 days to get in contact with FedEx, specifically a US based representative, they finally called me this morning, their stance is that they delivered it, I said OK, who signed for it, back and forth with the representative who finally called the driver who said he left it at the gate, I asked him who signed for it, he said no one, he just left it. They agreed to refund the seller the insured amount, so now I get a brand new one for the cost of a demo unit.

So it's not just USPS, they all are infected with less than stellar employees.

I am curious, who pays, doesn't the home delivery FedEx drivers own their vehicles?

FedEx Ground drivers own their own trucks and are independent contractors. I believe FedEx Express drivers are company employees. FedEx used to be the gold standard for delivery quality. Hate to hear bad stories about them as they are the glue holding together my town's economy.

Well I hope it works out.
Personally I would never send a money order. Limit your exposure....especially if it's pricey.

Money Orders are a pain in the butt to get refunded if lost or fraudulently cashed. Dealing with that now in my Property Management business.

Had a young fella tried to buy a co2 air gun from us auction closed said he sent money order, we waited 3 wks for it to arrive put back up on auction no-paying bid . His mo showed up the Friday before second auction ended ,no bids, sent email told him his mo at last made it here , told him to call us about gun must have been out of town auction ended on Sunday two bids sold to buyer of 2nd auction. We looked at mo was not signed could not have cashed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.