I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phorwath

Dang... I'm gonna include the word '"Scammed" in the title of my next classified add next time I sell on LRH! Increase the # viewed hits by 1000%.

Worse comes to worst, it could always be more life impacting. Could get sick, just from worrying about it. I'd rather be healthy and lose the money.

Dr. Richard Gray

I do hope it wasn't a really expensive scope like Zeiss or Swarovski. USPS really has problems. I wouldn't send anything with them. UPS has been pretty darn good lately, out performing FEDEX. I ordered 2 trail camera security boxes from Browning about 2 weeks ago, and to my surprise, they were delivered the next day. It was standard shipping, not overnight.

longrangebob

I hope I’m Not in Error (having been scammed myself - never interac $ to someone you don’t know) it sounds like you have been treated way better than I was ... after I sent the $, and if he is a guy who has been here for years - I would hold out optimism, you never know if something more compelling for him or his family occurred ; — how did you get the $ to him? Was it traceable and do you know when he got it?? Was the last communication B4 he received it and since you had his address - do you have phone #??
maybe give a call and if something has gone wrong you may get the information you need to put your mind at ease -
good luck LRB

ducky

It's hunting season so he might not be able to communicate right now. However, when I sell something I always send a tracking number. Also I've mailed two barrels in the last six months and both have taken over two months to deliver. I had to refund the money on the first one but he paid when it showed up on the doorstep, the other I told him to pay me when he got it.

Last edited:

Alibiiv

LRH Team Member
If you want prompt service from USPS then you need to order from Amazon.
That's where their priorities are!
That's not so much true anymore either. I subscribed to Amazon Prime, pay for the subscription every month. Some of the dealers now I shipping USPS (snail-mail) sometimes will take 10-15 days to get my order. With my last transaction I sent the item back due to shipping taking too much time; bought it someplace else. I'm finding there are a number of companies playing on the COVID situation, it there's excessive shipping requests or the latest is extra long hold times due to excessive call volume. PLEASE hire more help.

BW64

Yes what state?? Maybe Cali or Oregon where the fires are & he had to beat feet outta there. I know that would be last on my list if I was chased out by a fire.

BW

dok7mm

I bought a rifle through the LRH classifieds some years ago and when it arrived it was a hard used rifle, not the one hunt rifle it was represented as. The guy would not respond to me so I contacted LRH for help. Len himself called the guy and got an FU response. I sold the gun at a loss, but sure couldn’t fault LRH for their response. I had seen pics and talked to the guy but in the end he was a dishonest person.
I bought 2 custom rifles off members here. Both had issues, but both members went out of their way to have rifles repaired by top gunsmiths. I lost some time, but ended up with 2 great rifles. I'd still do business with either member.

If the OP had checked trader history, the seller had one positive reply. He also was just a seller on just about every post.

If you make personal contact when selling or buying, you will rarely get scammed if you ask the right questions. Let your gut instinct decide if it's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending threads