***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

bigbuck

This morning I had to stop and buy diesel fuel for my truck and while I was pumping fuel , I noticed on the other side of the pump a man in his upper 30's in military clothing. I asked him, what branch of military was he in ? he looked at me and said "the Army" I then could read the front of his shirt. I didnt have much time so I cut straight to the point. I asked him what did he plan to do if this Administration came out and ordered him to come and take the guns from American citizens ? He stiffened up a bit and said that "this is a heated subject within his fellow soldiers and he said that they are foot soldiers and it was almost as if you could see his countenance change, his eyes where as the colors Red, White and Blue he said "I raised my Arm and swore to defend and protect the country of the United States of America and it's Constitution"

I told him that I was afraid that if they didnt then we could possibly see another civil war. I then thanked him for his service ......

I challenge you to ask the next service man that you meet this question . and share there answer.

Thanks for looking.......

This morning I had to stop and buy diesel fuel for my truck and while I was pumping fuel , I noticed on the other side of the pump a man in his upper 30's in military clothing. I asked him, what branch of military was he in ? he looked at me and said "the Army" I then could read the front of his shirt. I didnt have much time so I cut straight to the point. I asked him what did he plan to do if this Administration came out and ordered him to come and take the guns from American citizens ? He stiffened up a bit and said that "this is a heated subject within his fellow soldiers and he said that they are foot soldiers and it was almost as if you could see his countenance change, his eyes where as the colors Red, White and Blue he said "I raised my Arm and swore to defend and protect the country of the United States of America and it's Constitution"

I told him that I was afraid that if they didnt then we could possibly see another civil war. I then thanked him for his service ......

I challenge you to ask the next service man that you meet this question . and share there answer.

Thanks for looking.......

I have to admit in my younger days I would have been a little thrown off by your question "what branch are you in", but that was when I was less aware. I suppose this man had a bit of the same reaction, I hope you like his answer.
Most know what the oath they swore means, the issue is going to be with the *** clowns who don't care, the stupid ones and the easily lead astray. In most cases it will be the NCO that is the deciding factor in this equation for the Army and Marines at least.

I have to admit in my younger days I would have been a little thrown off by your question "what branch are you in", but that was when I was less aware. I suppose this man had a bit of the same reaction, I hope you like his answer.
Most know what the oath they swore means, the issue is going to be with the *** clowns who don't care, the stupid ones and the easily lead astray. In most cases it will be the NCO that is the deciding factor in this equation for the Army and Marines at least.

I didnt mean any disrespect to him . Its a sad day when a person would even feel the need to ask a question along those lines but here we are.

As for his answer it was both encouraging and motivating . I would have no problem taking my rifle and fighting along side of this man and his answer was exactly what I wanted to hear .:)
As for the "What branch are you in " That was because I could not see the front of his shirt . I had heard it put this away from my elders . What does NCO mean ?
Thank you for your service as well . I stand in debt to you.

I didnt mean any disrespect to him . Its a sad day when a person would even feel the need to ask a question along those lines but here we are.

As for his answer it was both encouraging and motivating . I would have no problem taking my rifle and fighting along side of this man and his answer was exactly what I wanted to hear .:)
As for the "What branch are you in " That was because I could not see the front of his shirt . I had heard it put this away from my elders . What does NCO mean ?
Thank you for your service as well . I stand in debt to you.

LOL I know that and I'm sure he does to, it was not disrespectful at all and I did not mean what I said to come off like you had been. I was just trying to explain why he was a little shocked, it was because to him is was a shocking question as he has not had to think of things from that perspective in a long time. All branches wear different uniforms and lots of mil don't understand that everyone does not live that life and know the minute differences.

No worries I hope? NCO is non commissioned officer the "sergeants" they are the "backbone" of the Army Corporal (E4) through SGM, sergeant major (E9).

I have asked a couple myself, and the answer has been a resounding "support the constitution". I am encouraged and extremely proud of that answer.

I too am in a complete debt of thankfulness of anyone who serves in a military capacity, regardless of your position in that service. Thank you all very much for the freedoms we have. It is by your sweat, blood, and tears that we have those freedoms, not some asshat poilitician's. THANK YOU ALL!!!!

He gave the perfect and correct answer. I would have said the same. That said, some believe following orders is defending the Constitution.

It's interesting he said, "this is a heated subject within his fellow soldiers". This is just what I thought the state of things to be and you can be sure with all the rhetoric going on about this subject, GI's are listening and thinking hard about this. Some will follow orders and some won't, and the officers and senior NCO's will have a big influence in how it shakes out if the time ever comes.

He gave the perfect and correct answer. I would have said the same. That said, some believe following orders is defending the Constitution.

It's interesting he said, "this is a heated subject within his fellow soldiers". This is just what I thought the state of things to be and you can be sure with all the rhetoric going on about this subject, GI's are listening and thinking hard about this. Some will follow orders and some won't, and the officers and senior NCO's will have a big influence in how it shakes out if the time ever comes.

When I talk to folks at work It gets kind of heated . I can tell that there is great division about this subject . Some go on to say "It aint going to happen , the Government is not going to take your guns " Sometimes it feels like Obama himself could come onto national TV and say I am coming to take your guns and these folks would just set back with their heads in the sand.....
I think that the military will have splits as well like ou have mentioned and pointed out above . It should never be a heated conversation amongst the military . I often wonder how many of them voted for Obama?

Several of my fellow soldiers and I had this conversation quite recently. All of them said "Hell No!". As a soldier you have the responsibility to decide if an order is illegel and/or immoral and to act (or not) accordingly.
Believe it or not I have been through this once already. I was one of the first soldiers to hit the ground in New Orleans after Katrina.

Several of my fellow soldiers and I had this conversation quite recently. All of them said "Hell No!". As a soldier you have the responsibility to decide if an order is illegel and/or immoral and to act (or not) accordingly.
Believe it or not I have been through this once already. I was one of the first soldiers to hit the ground in New Orleans after Katrina.

What was your rank at the time and did you and your act with honor?

At the time I was a SGT (E-5) and "Honor" is one of my Seven Army Values.:)

At the time a State of Emergency was declared by the Sate of Lousianna, and that can be akin to Martial Law. However, I don't think a natural disaster takes a person's rights away. The only time I felt it justified is in the process of a criminal act. For example, armed thugs walking the streets thinking they run the place.

As a side note, our acting First SGT told us not to aid the Police in anything we felt illegal. He didn't think it to be right either. I told the 110# female I rode with for a couple weeks that I wouldn't assist in such unless she was in danger. She told me not to worry.

At the time a State of Emergency was declared by the Sate of Lousianna, and that can be akin to Martial Law. However, I don't think a natural disaster takes a person's rights away. The only time I felt it justified is in the process of a criminal act. For example, armed thugs walking the streets thinking they run the place.

As a side note, our acting First SGT told us not to aid the Police in anything we felt illegal. He didn't think it to be right either. I told the 110# female I rode with for a couple weeks that I wouldn't assist in such unless she was in danger. She told me not to worry.

Bravo 4, We had a tornado hit my home town and the national guard was called in because of looting . We had a set time to be home . They checked for our address on our drivers license . I really didnt like the ideah of armed soldiers posted at the 4 way stop 300 ft from my drive way . I was ready to do what needed to be done if someone came to my residence to steal ! One land owner erected a sign (4x8) that said he would shoot first and call the cops after the fact. I guess folks that didnt have any guns to protect themselves with didnt mind the national guard in our area. I feel like the Big Gov could use a disater for a reason to control . I mean their is stealing that goes on everyday so this alone should not dictate the "martial Law" . What is some ground rules for Martial Law? And how do you feel about this from a military stand point ?

nice 82nd?

Bravo 4, We had a tornado hit my home town and the national guard was called in because of looting . We had a set time to be home . They checked for our address on our drivers license . I really didnt like the ideah of armed soldiers posted at the 4 way stop 300 ft from my drive way . I was ready to do what needed to be done if someone came to my residence to steal ! One land owner erected a sign (4x8) that said he would shoot first and call the cops after the fact. I guess folks that didnt have any guns to protect themselves with didnt mind the national guard in our area. I feel like the Big Gov could use a disater for a reason to control . I mean their is stealing that goes on everyday so this alone should not dictate the "martial Law" . What is some ground rules for Martial Law? And how do you feel about this from a military stand point ?

Things have to be bad enough that the local law enforcement cannot handle the situation; riots, mass looting, etc for martial law to be imposed. Then the military is the law and your rights mean squat. I hate to say it but sometimes it's needed, even on our own soil. Katrina is the perfect example. It was heart breaking to see how Americans would act and treat each other. I expect that behavior in a country like Iraq but never here. Some people have to be put in their place and innocent folks get caught in the cross fire...literally!
Some folks say the government gets in our business too much, and for the most part I would be the first one to say that. But on the other hand there are just as many folks that don't think the gov does enough. After things settled down in New Orleans and FEMA and the Red Cross came in I was in charge of the security at one of there aid sites. They would take in 1,500 people a day and were handing out all kinds of stuff including $1,500 to each household. That wasn't enough and people were getting ****ed about how our government is doing nothing. Are you freaking kidding me!? What in the hell does our government have to do with you living in a giant flood zone and you not having insurance? That and mobs were attacking soldiers trying to hand out food and water.
I've heard it said: The person is smart, but people are stupid.
I agree.

Attachments

• airborne.JPG
    airborne.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 126
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts