I started with a 308 Win, and after thinking I'd move on to other cartridges I'm still shooting it.

xsn10s

I figured I'd move on to other cartridges/calibers that offered better ballistics. The pandemic shortage cause me to dust it off and load for it again. It's still fun to ring steel with it. I may have to set it up to see how far MY limits are with it.

Thats right, with my243 Ackley if I putz around too much with load development I might use up 25% of the barrel life...

My 308 is shooting awesome, unfortunately I have to go hunt on state land in the northern part of MI if I want to actually use it on game...

Let's see, case efficiency still considered a standard, long case life, long barrel life, brass easy to find, brass cost reasonable, bullet selection off the charts, powder selection same, chambered in virtually rifle made, easy to tune, recoil reasonable, OMG I need to get another one!

It's a great cartridge and one of my favorite, has many great attributes.
I took a mate shooting on my property with my .308, started at 600m then we drove back 1300m from the target from one hill to another good cross wind in the valley and he was looking at me like I was insane, he realized it was no joke after hitting the 10" target 2nd round.
Sure there are better ballistic cartridges out there, but they will all need skill and knowledge to make hits at extended range.

I started shooting with a 308 20+ years ago. Have a few others caliber rifles now that I enjoy but building another custom 308 now. I want to start loading and I hear the 308 is a good round to start with so I went with it. There seems to be so many new great cartridges now days but my lack of knowledge of loading brought be back to the 308. Eventually once I get proficient in loading I want a 280AI just to say I have one

I started shooting with a 308 20+ years ago. Have a few others caliber rifles now that I enjoy but building another custom 308 now. I want to start loading and I hear the 308 is a good round to start with so I went with it. There seems to be so many new great cartridges now days but my lack of knowledge of loading brought be back to the 308. Eventually once I get proficient in loading I want a 280AI just to say I have one
Just don't forget in the sea of fancy names that the 308 is a great round as well

It's such an easy round to load for. I plan on trying a 168 ELDM when they become available again. There are some 168 TMK's, but I'm waiting on more powders to come online before making new purchases. My go to powders was RL15 and TAC. But with the shortage I'm back to hand trickling IMR 4064 as I had some in supply. H4985 and IMR 4895 works too. That's what makes this round so fun! It can work well with many components.