I shouldn’t be this happy about this new yote gun, but I’m ecstatic! So

DoneNOut

I've been invited to a property overrun by yotes. Owner sees a couple a day while guiding goose hunts. It's a goose/duck club with open field shots to 800 if one is up to snuff.

Hunting from a cabin with a shooting bench in front of the crank open window. 👌😎 I shot two yotes my first night with a 300 WM @ 300yds. (200gr AB 😂) I mean that's all I had to shoot them with at the time.

Anyway, the glamping cabin hunting will be 80% of my yote shooting, with some sit & moves the days I want to really feel like I'm hunting. So, that 300WM I replaced with a 243 Remington 783 Varmint. Got some 85gr Sierra Varmint tips coming. I didn't even know the remage rifle existed. Adjustable trigger, laminate stock inlayed like a custom gun, 26" barrel, slick as snot action.

So, 150-600yd yotes what scope under $600? Just a fixed 6 Leupold on it for now.
E77E6004-F037-46C3-86EA-88629CC220CB.jpeg

Great choice. Yeah, those 783 Varmints are getting great reviews; I've seen tests on two (.22-250 and .243) and both shot under an inch with factory ammo. Along with the features stated, I like the big bolt handle and metal dbm. Of course, barrel changes will be a snap and I believe at least one company makes them to fit. I've handled the 783V and plan on getting one as soon as I sell my Savage FV — that Remington is twice the gun for not much more money.

Very nice looking rifle. I have a slightly used Burris Veracity 3-15x50mm I picked up about a year ago for around $540. Never mounted it on anything. Glass looks great........if you're interested.
If your looking for a good scope this guy has one. I have that scope on my 6.5 and I love it, works great for those close shots and you can still reach out and touch something.

That is fantastic, can't imagine why you wouldn't be ecstatic! I have a 243 that is set up for shooting cormorants off walleye and musky brood ponds. Shots are generally 350 to 700 yards on a pretty narrow target. I am using a gen one vortex viper 2-10x32 with the XLR reticle and running 80 grain B-tips. The XLR seemed a little busy at first, but after getting used to it, it is just awesome. These ponds are in western MN and I get alot of wind, but the dead wood these birds sit on to dry out never moves so I get the same shots on each pond. The leaning curve was pretty fast and I can use the reticle for very quick wind adjusted holds without dialing. If you can find one they run about 600 bucks or so.

Nice looking 783. Where did you pick it up at?
I got it at my local store. I use them for hunting lh
Nice looking 783. Where did you pick it up at?
Surprisingly enough the local gun shop. I usually just support them buying hunting licenses and hand warmers and small stuff. Their gun prices are always gouging outside a scare. For some reason their price was reasonable for once.

Great choice. Yeah, those 783 Varmints are getting great reviews; I've seen tests on two (.22-250 and .243) and both shot under an inch with factory ammo. Along with the features stated, I like the big bolt handle and metal dbm. Of course, barrel changes will be a snap and I believe at least one company makes them to fit. I've handled the 783V and plan on getting one as soon as I sell my Savage FV — that Remington is twice the gun for not much more money.
Yup, this think just checked all the feature boxes for me to include the one you mentioned. The stock finish is a bit thin but few coats of 100% Tung oil always solves that problem.

I am thinking about bedding the recoil lug but I guess I'll see how it shoots first. 😎

That is fantastic, can't imagine why you wouldn't be ecstatic! I have a 243 that is set up for shooting cormorants off walleye and musky brood ponds. Shots are generally 350 to 700 yards on a pretty narrow target. I am using a gen one vortex viper 2-10x32 with the XLR reticle and running 80 grain B-tips. The XLR seemed a little busy at first, but after getting used to it, it is just awesome. These ponds are in western MN and I get alot of wind, but the dead wood these birds sit on to dry out never moves so I get the same shots on each pond. The leaning curve was pretty fast and I can use the reticle for very quick wind adjusted holds without dialing. If you can find one they run about 600 bucks or so.
That sounds like my kinda fun! I hear ya on the intimidating reticle, but after getting comfortable with an H59 Horus I can figure any of them out! 🤣

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts