I need some Wyoming members to bail me out - epic dad fail

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years, just now joined and it's the only forum I'm a member of. In response to Predator 22, most of Texas is privately owned and trespassing is a serious crime.
There are thousands of acres of quality public hunting land though.
Where? You mean Big Bend, or those few patches over next to Louisiana?

Last edited:
Where? You mean Big Bend, or those few patches over next to Louisiana?

Not sure of Big Bend country, I'm over 10 hours away. But many farmers/ranchers in east Texas welcome legitimate, safe, respectful hunters to help rid their property of hogs and coyotes, but always get permission first. It does help to know someone who knows the owner. And many civic organizations such as Christian brotherhood of outdoorsman (CBO locally) offer annual hunts for youth for various species at no cost. Often they have to search for hunters. My local game warden called me last fall looking for youth to participate in a hunt.

Not sure of Big Bend country, I'm over 10 hours away. But many farmers/ranchers in east Texas welcome legitimate, safe, respectful hunters to help rid their property of hogs and coyotes, but always get permission first. It does help to know someone who knows the owner. And many civic organizations such as Christian brotherhood of outdoorsman (CBO locally) offer annual hunts for youth for various species at no cost. Often they have to search for hunters. My local game warden called me last fall looking for youth to participate in a hunt.
You had said "thousands of acres of quality public hunting land"

Public lands are very few and very far between in Texas. I would have an explicit right to use public land. Not so with private, regardless of the generosity of the owner.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.