I need some Wyoming members to bail me out - epic dad fail

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by PredatorSlayer, Sep 17, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Dog Rocket

Dog Rocket Well-Known Member

Where? You mean Big Bend, or those few patches over next to Louisiana?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    swe123 likes this.
  2. Buck1970

Buck1970 Active Member

Not sure of Big Bend country, I’m over 10 hours away. But many farmers/ranchers in east Texas welcome legitimate, safe, respectful hunters to help rid their property of hogs and coyotes, but always get permission first. It does help to know someone who knows the owner. And many civic organizations such as Christian brotherhood of outdoorsman (CBO locally) offer annual hunts for youth for various species at no cost. Often they have to search for hunters. My local game warden called me last fall looking for youth to participate in a hunt.

3. Dog Rocket

Dog Rocket Well-Known Member

You had said "thousands of acres of quality public hunting land"

Public lands are very few and very far between in Texas. I would have an explicit right to use public land. Not so with private, regardless of the generosity of the owner.

4. Buck1970

Buck1970 Active Member

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public/

I apologize Predator Slayer, it was not my intent to make this about Texas hunting. I’m very new at this and don’t want to step on toes. But if any of you ever venture down south, maybe this will help.
    FYI no one needs a hunting license on private land now for hogs here.