I need some Wyoming members to bail me out - epic dad fail

Haha ( not making fun of you). A couple years my brother and I did the same thing. We bought my daughter and my 2 nephews private land tags. Someone did come through and let.us hunt on their private ranch. Easiest hunt ive ever been on. Good luck.

Walk-In areas are plots of land that the owner has agreed to let anyone hunt on. In Idaho it's called "Access Yes." Game and Fish will put up white placards around the plots that say "Hunter Walk-In Area." I use OnX - It has them marked and are easy to find. I hunted one this year in the early hunt.

Taking my 12 yr old on his first antelope hunt - He has been super stoked. We have doe tags, but I had an epic fail dad fail and put in for the 23-7 private land tags instead of the 23-6 public land tags. This is just outside of Gillette. Sigh...any private land owners out there willing to let my son shoot a doe antelope on their property? Or can anybody point me in the right direction? I don't even care if I fill my tag - just want my son to have an opportunity. My son is shooting a 6.5 creed and might be wearing a flatbill hat, so take that into consideration! Lol - JK, he is a cool kid and deserves this.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions or want to tell me how bad I suck, let me know:)
I've hunted that area many times. The game wardens are some of the best I've ever met. Always helpful, call the Gillette office. You won't be disappointed.

Also, offer up a trespass fee to the land owner. Likely is that if they aren't a pinko leftist, they will allow you to hunt on their land. my.02 cents
I have loaded all my stuff and driven to Manitoba 3k miles with no where to hunt but a place to stay more than once, and had great goose hunts knocking on doors. The trick is be very respectful of them and what's theirs. This includes leaving everything the way you found it, like gates. If it is open, leave it that way, closed, close it when you go through. Always offer a trespass fee, like stated above. For the future, It is useally easier to get an "In" in the summer well before season. offering to do chores works well usually. No help now, but make friends!!!

Walk-In areas are plots of land that the owner has agreed to let anyone hunt on. In Idaho it's called "Access Yes." Game and Fish will put up white placards around the plots that say "Hunter Walk-In Area." I use OnX - It has them marked and are easy to find. I hunted one this year in the early hunt.
I am familiar with idaho's access yes. Do those areas in Wyoming count as private land?

I am familiar with idaho's access yes. Do those areas in Wyoming count as private land?

I would think so because it is privately owned with just an access agreement. Might be a good idea to double check with Game and Fish. Also, good luck on your hunt. We had a blast this year - 3 bucks and 5 does between the 4 of us.

Get on the WGFD website and use the "hunt planner". Select the species, then the unit. The interactive map should outline "HMA" areas. Private land that allows hunter access. Research the HMAs as you may need to fill out a form online before entry.
Good luck! Post pics!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts