I need some Labradar help please

I bought a Labradar and I cannot get the thing to work right. I believe I have all the settings correct, I bought two different brands of triggers, tried velcro and a magnetic mount for the triggers. One trigger manufacturer states you can the trigger when armed and it should give an error. Mine does not do that all the time, sometimes that will give an error and other times nothing (I tried with both triggers). Yesterday it worked about 10% of the time, most time not picking up the shot no matter where the trigger was mounted. Sometimes it would not pick up the shot but would erroneously pick up me moving the bolt as a shot and it would give a velocity a few hundred FPS lower that my actual shot. Nobody was within 50 feet of me.

I bought the Labrador new, added a plastic sight for aiming it, bought one brand of trigger and after the first trip bought another one with the magnetic mounts. I set sensitivity and to pick up off the trigger. I set distance and other settings. I tried it without the trigger and cannot get it to work. Any tips for me? I've gone through the manual and watched videos but I am convinced it is not working property since taping the trigger when armed it usually does nothing, even on different sensitivity settings.
What exactly are you shooting? The only time I have used any external trigger was for a 22 pistol and it worked great. I couldn't be happier with mine and I use it a lot. I have found if the battery indicator shows much below two bars it will start missing a few shots. Is your project (bullet) weight set correctly ? Muzzle brake or no?

What exactly are you shooting? The only time I have used any external trigger was for a 22 pistol and it worked great. I couldn't be happier with mine and I use it a lot. I have found if the battery indicator shows much below two bars it will start missing a few shots. Is your project (bullet) weight set correctly ? Muzzle brake or no?
Just for the record it doesn't matter what the bullet wt is set to. I've forgotten plenty to set/change that. It's only important if your using the ballistic data that the LabRadar spits out. Most are only interested in the velocity.

I'm going to go against the grain and say your Labradar is defective. I always use an external trigger and it's almost too sensitive. I disarm after every shot when shooting a bolt rifle. I had more difficulty not using a trigger because I shoot every rifle I own suppressed.

I would contact Labradar for a warranty claim.

I have been very happy with my external trigger, but it is, as someone has already said, very sensitive. Opening and closing the bolt often triggers the unit, and gives you an error message. Then you need to reset it. I also had trouble for a while not noticing that the blue light was on. I try not to be careful to check the light before each shot, and my Labradar is giving me good results.

I always use a Piet trigger. In my experience it is more reliable. I shoot supressed, unsupressed and with brakes with no issues.

It does false pretty regularly due to the trigger but I almost never miss a shot.

I think your labradar may be defective. Get it working without the trigger on a gun with no brake or supressor and see if it's reliable. Do it somewhere away from other shooters.

If it still acts up then contact labradar.

I would try running it with the (internal) batteries and the external power source to ensure it's getting the required voltage. That is how I run mine every time and it keeps the internal batteries from losing charge but mine wasn't working reliably for me with just the internal batteries.

Internal or external battery? My external battery cord went bad on me and the unit kept resetting itself and not recording shots. Changed cords, problem solved. Unless you need the trigger for something else, don't use it. Keep working with it, not as hard to set up as everyone leads you to believe.
Who's everyone?….Ive only read (in this thread) suggestions on how to track down a potential problem or advice on pitfalls not mentioned in the manual (especially the quick setup). I'm sure you weren't implying anything here though.

Btw the OP did ask.

To the OP. I see in your title you have "VMAX".
By chance are your shooting handloads with VMAX pills. If you get them flying too fast they can come apart and give errors. I'm assuming the pills are printing on paper correctly?
Just thought I'd ask🤔

Starlite is right , I also put an extra bag on the tripod base so it doesn't move with he concussion of the break. I had fits until doing that . Now I actually like it a lot .

Who's everyone?….Ive only read (in this thread) suggestions on how to track down a potential problem or advice on pitfalls not mentioned in the manual (especially the quick setup). I'm sure you weren't implying anything here though.

Btw the OP did ask.

To the OP. I see in your title you have "VMAX".
By chance are your shooting handloads with VMAX pills. If you get them flying too fast they can come apart and give errors. I'm assuming the pills are printing on paper correctly?
Just thought I'd ask🤔
My username is derived from the Yamaha VMax. I'm shooting a 6.5 PRC on two different rifles but have tried on other guns too. I emailed Labradar to see what they suggest. Looking back at the couple shots it registered Friday they were 1000 fps too slow. It also registered a 2000 fps shot when working my bolt. I think it's the device bad but I appreciate all the help and I'll update what I find.

My two cent worth, If you look at my (picture profile) you will see my lab radar setup. To help in my aiming before I bought a trigger I used a Bic pen with the ink tub pulled out so it was hollow and i could sight through the hole and I would tape it to the top of the unit. With a suppressor I would have it even with the barrel and the most important part is to make sure went into settings and selected without a trigger before shooting. I like many other found out it was better to use a battery pack instead of batteries especially in cold weather. If I did my part and aimed it properly I never had problems with it reading my shots.
Then I read how everyone liked the triggers so I bought one of those, and put the velcro on my barrel and it worked great AFTER i went back into settings and switch it to the trigger mod. Right off hand I can't tell you where my sensitivity settings are set at but it works great now.
I did run into a problems with a friend that brought out his 45 long colt rifle and for what ever reason it wouldn't pick-up his shots, about 3 days later I used it on my creedmore and it picked up every shot.

If it was me I would contact customer service and get some tech help but I would check all the boxes that everyone on here has mentioned first so you have good info before the call.

Good luck!!

Internal or external battery? My external battery cord went bad on me and the unit kept resetting itself and not recording shots. Changed cords, problem solved. Unless you need the trigger for something else, don't use it. Keep working with it, not as hard to set up as everyone leads you to believe.
I had a similar experience. If the unit doesn't receive correct voltage/power, it can limp along as if ready to record velocity, but fail to function and send some error messages. Mine told me I needed to send it in for service. It was a bad power cord connection from an external battery pack. Left me scratching my head.

I used a different power cord. Problem solved.

I had a similar issue when I first got mine. I called them and they are very good at spending the time on the phone to help sort out the problem. One time it was having the distance settings wrong. All the distance entries must be before your target distance except the last one which is your target distance. Have you tried that?

do
I bought a Labradar and I cannot get the thing to work right. I believe I have all the settings correct, I bought two different brands of triggers, tried velcro and a magnetic mount for the triggers. One trigger manufacturer states you can the trigger when armed and it should give an error. Mine does not do that all the time, sometimes that will give an error and other times nothing (I tried with both triggers). Yesterday it worked about 10% of the time, most time not picking up the shot no matter where the trigger was mounted. Sometimes it would not pick up the shot but would erroneously pick up me moving the bolt as a shot and it would give a velocity a few hundred FPS lower that my actual shot. Nobody was within 50 feet of me. How far away is your barrel muzzle from Unit? Did you use a microphone with the trigger unit you purchased? Are you using a suppressor or muzzle brake?
It took me a while to get mine lined out at first. I used mine for 18 month just on Doppler and with & without suppressors. Then all of a sudden it stopped working and I had to start using a microphone and switch from Doppler to Trigger Source.
I bought the Labrador new, added a plastic sight for aiming it, bought one brand of trigger and after the first trip bought another one with the magnetic mounts. I set sensitivity and to pick up off the trigger. I set distance and other settings. I tried it without the trigger and cannot get it to work. Any tips for me? I've gone through the manual and watched videos but I am convinced it is not working property since taping the trigger when armed it usually does nothing, even on different sensitivity settings.
you have it on rifle or pistol or bow? Did you try the Doppler Setting or just Trigger setting.?