I need some Labradar help please

Mrvmax

I bought a Labradar and I cannot get the thing to work right. I believe I have all the settings correct, I bought two different brands of triggers, tried velcro and a magnetic mount for the triggers. One trigger manufacturer states you can the trigger when armed and it should give an error. Mine does not do that all the time, sometimes that will give an error and other times nothing (I tried with both triggers). Yesterday it worked about 10% of the time, most time not picking up the shot no matter where the trigger was mounted. Sometimes it would not pick up the shot but would erroneously pick up me moving the bolt as a shot and it would give a velocity a few hundred FPS lower that my actual shot. Nobody was within 50 feet of me.

I bought the Labrador new, added a plastic sight for aiming it, bought one brand of trigger and after the first trip bought another one with the magnetic mounts. I set sensitivity and to pick up off the trigger. I set distance and other settings. I tried it without the trigger and cannot get it to work. Any tips for me? I've gone through the manual and watched videos but I am convinced it is not working property since taping the trigger when armed it usually does nothing, even on different sensitivity settings.

Last edited:
Do you reset after a failure? Bolt open/close can cause a false trigger, with no projectile detection the unit errors. If I remember it needs a reset
(Light change from blue to orange) after an error.

Do you reset after a failure? Bolt open/close can cause a false trigger, with no projectile detection the unit errors. If I remember it needs a reset
(Light change from blue to orange) after an error.
I did reset it when it showed an error. Most of the time it would not record the error.

Have you tried the sensitivity settings?
That's about all I can think of. Good luck.
I did and it did not change anything. I tried using it without the triggers after changing settings and I do not think it ever registered a shot.

Is the orange, "armed" light lit before you take a shot?

Forget about the triggers and just get the unit working normally first. I don't use my external trigger anymore. If you have a brake on the rifle that is the likely cause of your problem. As a test, take the brake off, set the labRadar in the proper position with regard to the muzzle, recheck your settings and shoot. I use settings - 6" from muzzle and the most sensitive setting.

If that works then you need to determine exactly where to place the LabRadar when the brake is reinstalled. For whatever reason, my Labradar will rarely read the Sierra 130 TMK bullet no matter where I place the unit. I just get an "acquisition error". Other bullets read fine without changing anything on the unit. Sometimes the LabRadar is quirky but overall they work well.

I only use the trigger on archery, I had problems using it on a rifle. I don't know what the problem was and never solved it. I discovered my LR works on firearms better without it. I'm curious to know if there is a fix or work around. If you flick the trigger with your finger you can determine if the trigger works and go from there.

Internal or external battery? My external battery cord went bad on me and the unit kept resetting itself and not recording shots. Changed cords, problem solved. Unless you need the trigger for something else, don't use it. Keep working with it, not as hard to set up as everyone leads you to believe.

Internal or external battery? My external battery cord went bad on me and the unit kept resetting itself and not recording shots. Changed cords, problem solved. Unless you need the trigger for something else, don't use it. Keep working with it, not as hard to set up as everyone leads you to believe.
I have not used the external battery yet though I do have one.

I've had one for several years, at first it was a little hard to understand. After figuring it out it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought, I was just over thinking it. Used it on everything from a 22lr to a 338 lapua and occasionally it'll miss a shot, but for the most part it's great. I've never used a external trigger, but I use a external battery. Good luck

Is the orange, "armed" light lit before you take a shot?

Forget about the triggers and just get the unit working normally first. I don't use my external trigger anymore. If you have a brake on the rifle that is the likely cause of your problem. As a test, take the brake off, set the labRadar in the proper position with regard to the muzzle, recheck your settings and shoot. I use settings - 6" from muzzle and the most sensitive setting.

If that works then you need to determine exactly where to place the LabRadar when the brake is reinstalled. For whatever reason, my Labradar will rarely read the Sierra 130 TMK bullet no matter where I place the unit. I just get an "acquisition error". Other bullets read fine without changing anything on the unit. Sometimes the LabRadar is quirky but overall they work well.
Your absolutely right. To add to your comments I'd recommend if your shooting with a muzzle break get a 4 legged quad-pod and shoot under it. I set mine in 12". If your beside the LabRadar set to 18" and be sure keep the barrel about 1-2" behind the plane of the LabRadar.

Another consideration is where you are on the range or what type of range your at. It discusses this in the manual or the quick setup.
As well do the update if it's required.

Good luck 🤞