I need some help with a World Class

GrumpyBiker

The Remington 788 I just got has a World Class ( made in Japan ) TS832x44 target scope on it.
When the guy said it was a Tasco but that he wasnt sure if he wanted to let go of it, I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted it.
A friend said they were good scopes for the money.
We searched around and saw a few that had sold on GB for $150-$180.
So I changed my mind and got it with the rifle.
But I don't know much about this thing.
How about some help from you older target & Varmint shooters!
He still had the original box & receipt, $249 in 1994.

photo-17.jpg

photo-19.jpg

I have 2 tasco WC from Japan manf. Bought them when I was a teenager and on a budget. Suprisingly I still have both and both work well.

The straight 4x is on my coyote ar-15, plenty clear and sharp enough for running and gunning yotes, has held up to at least 4-5k rounds, nice wide angle.
The 3x9 is not mounted now, but isn't worth enough to sell, and is good enough not to throw away.

The upper Grade Japanese Tascos were surprisingly good . I have a very old TR Model in 6-18X and it's one I will keep . It's set up for a 222 and you just Dial in the Range and shoot . Did some Prarie Dog shooting and I wondered how it would hold up after cranking on the Vertical all day long for a few days . It held up just fine as I reset it to Zero and shot a Target to see where it was hitting after 3 days of hard use . It was spot on . I also have an 8-32X World Class Plus which was Tascos Top-of-the-Line . The Optics are super up to about 28X . Resale on Tascos is not very good because of horror stories on the Chinese and lower end , old Japanese Optics . I would just use what you got and see for yourself how you like it .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.