I need help with my 7 mm mag

Lonestar

I've just got my Sendero 7 mag and need help choosing witch load to use I don't reload YET what would be the best round for my gun brand/grains it will be used for all round game from hogs to elk please help

I've just got my Sendero 7 mag and need help choosing witch load to use I don't reload YET what would be the best round for my gun brand/grains it will be used for all round game from hogs to elk please help

Well, you are really asking the impossible because only you and the rifle are going to find out what is best for it.

There are LOTs of factory ammo to try. I suggest if you want an "all around" then go find some Federal ammo with a Nosler Partition bullet. Keep in mind this is NOT a typical long range bullet but will serve you well inside of 400 yards.

Other than that, if you want some good choices, take a look at any ammo that loads Barnes TSX or TTSX, or the Federal bullet with the lead core in the rear, with a plastic tip. It's the trophy bonded tipped bullet.

Then, there's Winchester's CPX3 or CxP3 or C3PO or some crap like that. Another tipped rear shank bullet just like the tipped Federal bullet.

Aim for bone with all.

i would get a box of 140 accubond and a box of horn 139 spbt. i have shot a lot of elk with the 139s. i have not shot anything with the accubond YET. THEY group real good out of my 3 7mm mags. as do the 139s.

If you can find it I would try some of the HSM loaded with 168grn Berger Bullets. It is the factory ammunition that is used by the BOTW. It will get you by until you can reload.

I don't reload (yet) either, and my 7mm Sendero shoots both the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip loads and the Hornady Superformance loads equally well. They shoot twin cloverleaf groups at 200 yards, about an inch apart. Those are the only ones I've yet tried and I'm pleased with both.

Having said that, I have other rifles that have gone through 3 or 4 factory loads before they show me one they like.

With a 9.25 twist, I'de say find the heaviest load in a factory offering that you can. Based on my experience loading 168 gr bergers, i would pass on the HSM ammo. Bergers like being loaded close to the lands, and I dont think the COAL of the HSM will get you there. I switched to the 180's and initial tests got me at .75" at 200.

As far as facory ammo, someone has a 175 grain offering, but who exactly escapes me at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts