I need help in Arizona.

Savageman25

So the title says exactly what it means. I am a person who just moved to Prescott AZ (Prescott Valley really). I would like to start hunting and am reaching out to someone who could teach me. I would really like to hunt elk and coyote, but that being said it doesn't have to be either. I really am kind of lost how to start as I am unfamiliar with the area and the processes. I have never been hunting (went coon hunting a few times not my thing).

Some facts about me. I am a 30 yr old married man with a 1 1/2 old son. So you would definitely help me in getting ready to help my son as he grows up. I am currently learning to fly helicopters at the moment. Im very safe with firearms. I'm respectful and not looking for hand outs or to be a leach. I am a Christian, but that being said you don't have to be, just know what I stand for. Any help is much appreciated and I hope to not only find a teacher but a friend with common interest. If you live within about a 60 mile radius from Prescott that would also be great.

P.s. I don't care how old or young you are.

Thanks guys. I plan on becoming a member of the Arizona elks society and attending their seminar on July the 25th. It looks like a promising place to learn a lot. I will definitely use the references you have referred me to. Hopefully I can make a connection with someone who will be willing to help through any of these avenues. There are left over tags for elk still available. Hopefully I can snag one. Tomorrow is the first day for the forms to be submitted for them.

Posted in the other forum guys. Thank you. Hopefully someone who can take me under their wing will see it and reach out to me. I had one person on this forum say they could help teach me things but they have not moved down to this area yet.

Best source of information you will get in Prescott Valley:

You have a Skeet and Trap Range East of PV.

I Shoot there every time i go through there. There are a lot of Old Cogers (Farts) that are out there and have a ton of information they are willing to share.

if you send me a pm i will provide some other information

V/R
M.Bird

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.