• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED I need a tang bolt for a Mauser 98 action

4ked Horn

My friend owns a Mauser 98 and just put it in a new synthetic stock and the rear tang bolt is too short and only grabs by a thread or less. It may have been ground to fit the previous stock (non military type stock) so we need to buy another rear tang bolt. The head of the bolt is that funny shape that uses the small screw to prevent it from coming loose. Threads are metric I believe. If you have one please respond or email me at [email protected]. I will try to get an exact length of our bolt to make sure we get a longer one.

Thanks.

Gun Parts Corp West Hurly NY or

Sarco in NJ

those would be cheapest places for a Military M98 action bolt

ROY! I should have guessed you would reply. Good to hear from you. THANK YOU FOR THE LINK! Where are you that you won't be home for months?

My buddy bought this stock and had me glasbed it and freefloat the bbl. When I got done and took off the surgical tubing and removed and refitted the action I discovered that the rear screw would barely catch a thread. This screw kit will (hopefully) fix the problem and look great with the new stock.

Thanks again. Can always count on a fellow Idahoan.

ANARCHIST, thanks for your reply also. If Roys link does not meet my friends needs I will try to contact your sources.