I need a new rangefinder.

okie man

So I'm still using my leupold rx-ll rangefinder. Works fine for archery but not so good for long range shooting. I don't need 1500 yard deer capable but I'd like to be able too hit one at 700 plus yards. I'm gonna set a budget of $500-700. What are solid choices? I heard some chatter about maven. The rx2800 looks like a solid choice. What else should a guy consider before buying?

No experience with the Maven, but that adjustment wheel on the side makes it look like it would be a chore to get into traditional rangefinder pouches.

Vortex Razor HD 4000 is right at the low end of your price range and would probably do everything you are looking for.

I run a Sig Sauer which I like, but paid more for it to get the onboard ballistic calculator.

In that price range if you don't want anything fancy, just a range, the Kilo 2200 is what I would get. Keep in mind, if a company advertises 1500 yards on a deer, actual field results will almost always be much less than that, often half.

I have the Vortex Razor HD 4000. Have not yet had a chance to use it on deer.

However, I have ranged a cow (bovine) at 1998 yards.

Glass is clear.

It will compensate for angle but doesn't have the option of inputting your load into the unit.

I believe I got mine for ~$450.

I'd recommend the Leica 2800.com
Check around for best pricing.
It has onboard ballistics that work quite well, & easy to set up, that'll be of use for the longer ranges your looking to shoot. Great glass, fast, accurate ranging, tight centered beam.

So I'm still using my leupold rx-ll rangefinder. Works fine for archery but not so good for long range shooting. I don't need 1500 yard deer capable but I'd like to be able too hit one at 700 plus yards. I'm gonna set a budget of $500-700. What are solid choices? I heard some chatter about maven. The rx2800 looks like a solid choice. What else should a guy consider before buying?
Leica 2400 for $500 is the great!

Recent Posts