I may of found where all of the primers went

I have not needed to shop for primers for a while but my Dad went out looking today. Seems you can find what you need with a little gas money. Most gun shops were limiting to 1000 primers per customer, which is a good thing in my mind.

As Phil mentioned, powder and brass are a little different story.

I have not needed to shop for primers for a while but my Dad went out looking today. Seems you can find what you need with a little gas money. Most gun shops were limiting to 1000 primers per customer, which is a good thing in my mind.

As Phil mentioned, powder and brass are a little different story.

I wish that were the case around here. I don't think a large amount of time to use the gas would make a difference. I've 'let my fingers do the walking' and come up empty at every turn.

Over on the 6mmbr.com website they have posted on their home page were [sic] someone bought 8 lbs of powder for $680.00 the total came to just over $700.00 after shiping charges were added.
Hey, a $20 hazmat fee doesn't look so bad when you're already spending $680 for the powder!:D

I was talking to one of the on-line suppliers today and they said that primers are beginning to show up. They did not have enough to get all their back orders filled but thought they might fairly soon (whatever that is). Maybe it is beginning to catch up somewhat. Not much good news but maybe a glimmer of light .... the end of the tunnel in sight or...a train coming ... who knows.

I did offer to sell a 1000 of the 2000 primers I found but only want to do it FTF in Dallas,Texas. I do not want to ship.

Good Luck All

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.