I may get beaten down here

Been running a Witts Machine on my 30.06 for several years. Ugly - Mwh. Functional - Yup. Afraid it would blow off - Yup. Did it? - Nope... Several years later. Still functional...
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. If you are not reloading. I would probably avoid it just because it really changed the harmonics of my barrel.

I put 1 on my 300 Wby 2 years ago no issues and works great. It was the only option I had as my barrel was so thin. My gun grouped better and recoiled like a 22-250 whats not to like.
Nice thanks is yours a witt ? Thats the one im hearing most . Im thinking about putting one on my 308 not that it kicks bad but its the kind of rifle that you can sit and put 300 rounds through in a dayand weight isnt an issue as its already a tank.

I put 1 on my 300 Wby 2 years ago no issues and works great. It was the only option I had as my barrel was so thin. My gun grouped better and recoiled like a 22-250 whats not to like.

I have this conundrum and haven't pushed myself over the edge. I have my dads 300 WM. Kicks the hell out of me. I did by a slipcover recoil pad, will see how it goes.

If it doesn't help, may have to break down on the muzzle break. Sentimental value keeps me from doing it, but dad would prefer me enjoy shooting it than collect dust.