I made the trade

sniperjwt

well last week i ask your opinion on if i should trade a Rem 700 SPS 22-250 for a 257 Weatherby Vanguard. Well i made the trade and here it is. I threw a scope on it for now just a 3-9 but will shop around for something better. I did have to go in and adjust the trigger. I got it set as good as you can get a factory vanguard trigger. Had to do a little shaving. Well here are some pictures.
543b67de.jpg

842ac434.jpg

7679c015.jpg

It would look neat if you get that ram-line stock dipped.You should get a 30" barrel installed -N- what not . I like the vanguard its a really smooth action .Gunsmithing - Shop Gunsmithing Tools & Supplies at MidwayUSA

Roy killed a cape buffalo with the 257 wby
Really??? WOW! I love my .257 Wby Mag (fixing to buy a new one...:D), and am definitely an advocate of that cartridge. And I knew it was a powerful load........but never realize it was quite that powerful...

Then again....I guess any bullet placed in the perfect location could do the trick...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.