I just sent this to the White House

jkupper

Mr. President,
Are you incapable of being ashamed for your actions and words? Is there no limit to your hypocrisy? Earlier, the NRA released an ad that I believe had a very simple message; if armed guards are the answer for your children and their school, why are you not allowing us the same option for our own children? You in turn had press secretary Jay Carney fire back at the NRA, '"to go so far as to make the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly." But then today, in front of the nation, you were hypocritical enough to use children to bring your executive orders in front of the nation and to express your desires for an assault rifle ban. Shame on you Mr. President! How hypocritical can you be to use children as pawns in a political scheme. You have done the same thing that you had Jay Carney call "repugnant and cowardly".
I, as an American citizen, am deeply offended that you used today's conference to try to vilify me, and others like myself, for opposing your proposed gun legislation. You made it sound as though my efforts to protect my 2nd Amendment rights were in fact an effort to make sure that school shootings continue. Mr. President, I will not stand for this. I am a lawful American citizen who has done absolutely nothing wrong with a firearm, nor have I broken any laws. I have always used firearms safely and with respect, and it is my constitutional right to continue to do so. I refuse to give up my rights and privileges in this great nation because some very evil men have committed some very horrific acts, and I will not allow you to demonize me because I am standing in your way.
I ask you to stop lying and being hypocritical. During the second presidential debate you said, and I quote, "We are a nation that believes in the 2nd Amendment, and I believe in the 2nd Amendment". It is time for you to live up to those words and it is time for you to stop lying to the people of this nation. It is time for you to stop hiding behind children on both ends of the fight. It is time for you to stop making lawful citizens who are protecting their freedoms out to be those who are standing in the way of peace and progress. Mr. President, it is time for you to become the leader that this nation deserves!
With Utmost Sincerity,

Joseph R. Kupper

Your letter is very well written and expresses my own feelings much better than I could ever put in writing. Nice job! . In my opinion, your very effective letter will have greater impact being sent to the politicians that are on the fence about supporting the Bill when it hits the floor of the House. We all need to let them know that the same will happen to them as what happened to supporters of the Ban in 1994. This also happened with Congress when our King railroaded the Healthcare bill through our system and lost control of the House They will loose their job! IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.