I just ordered a 4.5-14x50 zeiss for my new 7 mm

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Wcw280, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Wcw280

Wcw280 New Member

I just ordered a zeiss 4.5-14x50 to put on top of my 7mm that Clarence hammonds is working on for me. I gave $551 to my door for a brand new in the box scope from camofire.com. Is that a good price and how does that scope compare to the exact same leupold? I'm new to the long range stuff so any knowledge is appreciated.

2. nctta

nctta Well-Known Member

Yeah thats a good deal it it's a Conquest

3. Wcw280

Wcw280 New Member

It is a conquest

4. Reformed Yankee

Reformed Yankee Member

That is a good price. The prices on them have come down considerably because it's a scope that is no longer being made. They (Zeiss) replaced the original conquest line with the Conquest HD5 line. That being said there are a lot of places selling dealer demo's with full warranty (Same as new) for a bit cheaper. I know you can get that scope for $499 with free shipping from optics planet as a dealer demo. All things considered $551 for it is a great deal - which reticle did you get?

As far as comparison to Leupold goes I don't think you can go wrong with either. I never owned the Leupold but I tried that side by side with a Nikon Monarch that I own in similar magnificaiton (4-16x50) and I thought the Monarch and the Leupold were about the same quality (In a store which is a HUGE difference from in the field, low light etc.). I can tell you that the Zeiss blows the monarch away from real use in the field. Some of the differences that I find are: eye relief - Zeiss seems easier on my eyes, especially at high magnification. Low light - Zeiss seems much brighter at dusk side by side vs. my monarch. As far as turrets are concerned the ones I own are 2 different styles so I can't compare them for you.

5. Wcw280

Wcw280 New Member

I got the z plex reticle. I may send it back to zeiss and have the reticle changed to have mildots put in it. Not sure yet.