I just bought a Schmidt & Bender scope - no idea what it is!

beanbird05

So, I am setting up my deer hunting gun for next year. A friend had a friend who wanted to sell his Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x scope (used) for a very good price. I don't know what model it is, but the scope seemed to function perfectly, and the lens quality is fantastic, so I just went for it!

j6oxux1.jpg

94wfEAE.jpg

It is now mounted on my (also new) Bushmaster 450 which I will hunt deer with next year. I did have two questions if anyone here can help me,

1) Does anyone know what model scope this is?

2) The "rubber grip thing" that moves the magnification dial, isn't actually attached to the scope (it just fits over it, semi-tightly). Does anyone know if it is supposed to be attached/glued? Or is it supposed to be un-attached to the scope, and operate just with friction?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Thank you for the response! Sorry about the large pictures.

My only question is, don't the Zenith line actually say "Zenith" on them (near the optical lens, and near the "Schmidt & Bender" logo )

Those scopes aren't much good. I think you should send it to me and save yourself all the trouble.:D

Steve

those are are popular with the big game hunters in africa. i aslo own a schmidt&bender precision hunter that ive had for 11 years sighted it in then and have never had to move the sights to re zero the scope. very clear and high resolution and very dependable in all weather. you made a great purchase and its also nice to see one on a ar instead of the usual everyone buys for those

No, it's definitively not a Zenith! It's an often used S & B Klassik (classic) model which is unfortunately discontinued by now. These scopes (were) are known for outstanding quality due to mechanics and lens - systems (Schott glass!!). The 1,5 - 6 x 42 is very often used in Europe for hunts during daylight/twilight and driven hunts. Preferably mounted on our beloved Break Action Rifles.

Jagd

No, it's definitively not a Zenith! It's an often used S & B Klassik (classic) model which is unfortunately discontinued by now. These scopes (were) are known for outstanding quality due to mechanics and lens - systems (Schott glass!!). The 1,5 - 6 x 42 is very often used in Europe for hunts during daylight/twilight and driven hunts. Preferably mounted on our beloved Break Action Rifles.

Jagd

Awesome-- thank you!

I'm not disappointed it isn't a Zenith -- I was wondering if it was a Klassic model, actually. I only paid five hundred bucks for it so it was still a heck of a deal. I used it last night on my Bushmaster 450 ... the view is amazin' ...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts