I have primed Federal .3oo win mag brass and Retumbo...

Gunner1

I also have 208gr Amax, 210 gr SMK and 190 gr and 210 gr Berger VLD hunting bullets. Recommend a good starting load.

Since all you have is Retumbo, run the 210 VLD on top of a starting load of 76.0 grains, find your seating depth, then work up in one grain increments until you find your desired precision while looking for pressure.

I had high hopes of getting better powder a couiple of weeks ago When I went to Cabela's in Connecticut, but Retumbo was the only decent thing they had- and they had six pounds of it so I bought two. Still trying to score some H-1000 locally or some IMR 7828.

I had high hopes of getting better powder a couiple of weeks ago When I went to Cabela's in Connecticut, but Retumbo was the only decent thing they had- and they had six pounds of it so I bought two. Still trying to score some H-1000 locally or some IMR 7828.

That's funny how the powder sales are so different up north. Down here, even when there was virtually no centerfire rifle powder available, there was 2 that I could always find any day of the week, any time of day.... They were Hornady LeverEvolution and IMR 7828 SSC.

In my 300 win mag I'm shooting Federal brass with WLRM primers, 208gr AMAX with 69.8gr IMR7828ssc and getting great results. Velocity is about 2800fps and half inch groups out to 200 yards. I don't have experience with the other bullets you listed so I cant help you there.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.