I have booked an Alaskan Coastal Brown Bear Hunt

Have hunted Alaska several times including brown bear twice. My suggestion is to ditch the waterproof boots all together and go with a pair of breathable waist waders and non-felt soled wading boots. If you want to sit down on wet ground, fine, need to bust across a creek to get somewhere, you are ready. You won't be doing any serious mountain climbing and the wading boots are comfortable.
Take 2 rain coats. 1 that is breathable for when you are walking and a Helly-Hansen Impertech Guide Coat (goes down to about your knees) for when you are sitting. You can literally have rain the entire hunt. If it is breathable, it will eventually leak/wick through but nothing gets through the Helly Hansen but you don't want to walk in it, you will sweat to death.

A 338 is plenty of gun. I used a 250 g Partition and was one and done straight down on both of my brown bears. Shots went through and through. Your guide will probably be carrying a 375 or larger if you get into a pickle and need DLP backup.
Old thread, but the gear recommendations are what I have used on numerous AK hunts. I would add what I do is buy a pair of hunting boots that are large enough to fit over my waders.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.