I Have Been In Wrong Forums! Match King -Again.

Perkules

Hello forum,I´ve been busy looking for a 338 Lapua bullet for moose,300 to 500 yds. Busy because I obviously need to order them from abroad ,all I need is one load for this rifle.

300 Grain Match King.Yes.

I have been totally ignorant. Now,after finding you guys the things are finally normalizing. I hunt moose,got the new TRG-S shooting Scenars very good,just the bullet for the moose was missing.

Whatever I have found here I have already read, even the accuratearms SMK thread until I noticed Ricciardelli there... maybe I read the rest later. He must be the one getting some beating. I met him in another forum just a few days ago and he introduced me to SMKs. Then the real search started.

I ended up finding SMKs for moose all over the Net, then again ridiculous,biased flames. Flames from people who have not even shot those in phonebooks or anything. Here in Longrange I found lots of facts.
smile.gif

The moose don´t read what it says on the bullet box,especially when it´s in english and I hunt in Finland. I will order my SMKs.

I do not have access to many 338 bullets .I simply can not test them all now,this is a rare caliber here and hunters are biased as well. So the shops do not stock them. But I am a ballistic nut,I shoot a firearm almost every day. Practise,varmint,whatever.

Just tell me to get them,please. Or if not,please give me some other "fact" than it being a target bullet,okay? The information overflow is getting unbearable.

It all started here,if you have time take a look,this is a nice forum,my main hangout:

Legacy 338 Lapua Bullet For Moose

Then I got guided here from another forum,I wish I had posted all this in Longrange in the first place.

LoadYourOwn 338 Bullet For Moose

Please excuse my slightly ranting tone,I am just tired. But I am dead serious about this.Time is running,range time.

Thank you!

Howdy,got some sleep,now reading the hilarious accurateloading thread.Ouch!Match Kings

Hmm... my terminology was incorrect,MK meaning "MatchKing" and SMK "Sierra Match King",only talking ´bout one and only bullet.Sorry Michael.

I really hope I didn´t start the same over here.

EDIT: The thing being that I have an accurate load data for Match King from Sako test shooters but not a single bullet does not make things easier at all.

[ 05-09-2003: Message edited by: Petander ]

Hehehh... I am somewhere halfway of that accurate thread. Thanks for sharing your experience, had I read more I´d never started this one. It´s all there.

The debate is over from my side. Just ordered 500 Match Kings. I wonder if they are good for American Orlovs?
grin.gif
Cheers,Gentlemen!

Zorro.jpg

Petander & Boyd

I've shot three (3) moose now, all with the 300 SMK/MK/Sierra Match King/Match King. All were one (1) shot kills, distances varied from ~175 to 439 yards. Expansion on the only recovered bullet was good and it's been posted as a .jpg a few times.

Petander...500 count 338 cal 300 SMK's should hold you for a while, lot of dead somethings coming up.

Very good,Boyd!
smile.gif

I´ve seen the pic,yup. The initial shock from discovering MK:s is gone now. But man,little did I know.
rolleyes.gif

Yes Michael,I noticed that afterwards too.
grin.gif
In this ammo-frenzy I completely forgot to sleep for a while -downside of the Internet - and I quarantee you guys,reports will follow when the time comes.
cool.gif

Now,waiting... got Scenars,can shoot... really funny,I know the theoretical external ballistics for my MK load upside down. Still have not had a single boolit in my hand.
grin.gif

This caliber really rocks.And this forum.
grin.gif

Hello

For what's it's worth.

Have used Match Kings on about 20 elk with complete success. Only recovered two bullets that were mushroomed perfectly.

I used the 200 gr and 220 gr MKs in my 30/378, the 240 gr MK in my 300 Tomahawk and the 300 Gr MK in my 338/416 Rigby IMP.

I also use the 168 Gr MK in my 7/300 Weatherbys and also the 140 Gr and 142 Gr MK in my 6.5/300 Weatherby.

The jackest hold up well and will not explode on contact with hitting a heavy shoulder such as the elk or moose.
The MK does wonders to bears also. Ask Dan Lilja the barrel maker. He has the pics of a bear we took in Colorado. The wound was unreal.

Later and welcome aboard
DC

Thanks folks,I just got a smoke signal from Michigan,all under control.

The boolits are coming.Only two boxes were left at Midway,now there´s only one.
grin.gif

Darrel, I'm building me a .338/.416 imp. with the shoulder blown forward .250 thousand's, I am looking for some starting loading data on this round I am thinking of useing Hodgens Retumbo powder with 300 gr. Matchkings, I have a 38" 1 in 10 twist barrel w/brake. Thanks D.C.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts