I have an old Rem. Sportsman 78, .30-06

I got a 25-06 Ruger with the safety on the tang where it belongs. I'm pretty sure that I don't have any copper bullets for 25's but I'll look at what I've got in 25. It may not be much since I'd bought it about a year or so before I had to stop shooting. I'd they will probably be accubonds, BT's or Hornadys. Those were where I usually started and Core Locks but I remember that I couldn't find then. Darn deer hunters. Corelocks work atleast for me. Every time I did my part it was drt. Take your time shipping, it'll take me a couple of days to get it in the mail. Should I make it out to you or cash?

I got a 25-06 Ruger with the safety on the tang where it belongs. I'm pretty sure that I don't have any copper bullets for 25's but I'll look at what I've got in 25. It may not be much since I'd bought it about a year or so before I had to stop shooting. I'd they will probably be accubonds, BT's or Hornadys. Those were where I usually started and Core Locks but I remember that I couldn't find then. Darn deer hunters. Corelocks work atleast for me. Every time I did my part it was drt. Take your time shipping, it'll take me a couple of days to get it in the mail. Should I make it out to you or cash?

Let me see what I've got before I go too far. I can weigh and mic them. I won't have anywhere near that many 25's so giveme achance to look. I've been outside once today (humidity), maybe later this evening. The phone number that you gave me are there times when I shouldn't call. I realize that I'm 4 hrs
ahead of you.

If you like the 120 gr core locks I have a box of those, I'm not 100 percent sure but I think I have 4 or 5 hundred 100 gr, however the 100 gr bullets could be 243's and not 257,
Let me know what you want for the 243 and 257's. I'm going to wait until I can get back in the shed so if I have any bullets that you van use I'll send them and the check in the same pkg. Maybe a pkg won't get lost as easy as a letter. Let me know of any other bullets that you can use. Most of mine are going to be cup and core.

Hey Paul took a break from fishing to sort through the barn, I think I may have misspoke about those corelocks, its been a long time since ive had any real exposure to some of the different bullet manufacturers, but looking at these things I'm thinking the could be Winchester power points, I located the 100 gr, turns out I have both 243 and 257, I have located the 120 gr 257, I know for sure those are remingtonbut until I locate those I've got nothing to compare these 100 gr, I sure I know where the 120'S are but thats a long afternoon of shifting storage bins around to get to the locker I think they are in. I did a quick weigh check, it looks like I have approx 800 257, box on the right, and not quite 600 243's, I bought out a old gunsmith so can't can't verify just yet what manufacturer they are.

Attachments

• IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 23
Ok when you decide what you want to do give me first shot. I'm going to have to get some 6mm projectiles and brass I think. Don't know if there's any in the box's outside. What about the Nosler Bt's, will they do you any good? I haven't put anything in the mail just incase you are interested in some of what's on that list. I'd forgotten just how many bullets and powders that I'd tried. Just let me know. If you don't want any of the lead bullets I understand. Atleast it looks like Finestein is retiring finally, that's 2 extremists this year. Maybe there's hope. Just let me know.
Paul

Hey Paul I'm up for a trade. Those bullets of mine were/are my emergency stash, I have sets of fowl weather guns and fare weather guns, some of those shoot anything so it does not really matter what I have as a fall back, in this screwed up state I use Barnes everywhere else I usually shoot a nosler, if you have a hard time I may be able to come up with some Virgin 6MM brass, however what emergency brass I have are in the hard to reach locker.

I checked what I had for 25 bullets. I don't have any copper 25's at all. I've got a small variety of lead bullets. All are all less than a full box because I was testing to see what worked.
Nosler 115 gr. BT.
Hornady 117 gr. BTSP
Hornady100 gr. SP
Speer 120 gr.Spitzer BT S.P.
Sierra 100 gr. Spitzer BT S.P.
Sorry about not having any copper. When I was using X-Bullets I didn't have a 25.
Tell me what ypu want to do. If you like you can call instead of using this e-mail. Im 4 hrs behind you ut im usually up till atleast 1:00 ET. Look at your mail for info.
Just give me a price for what you want to get rid of.

When Remington stopped making the Model 788 as their cheap priced CF rifle. To take its place the Model 78 was brought out. The action is a 700 Rem. and barrel, Bead blasted not polished. The stock was Birch instead of Walnut.
When the rifle hit the market Buckeye had a special deal on them. As a Wildlife Officer I was looking for a Deer Bear Tool to replace my personal Model 700 270 Win. I bought a Model 78 in 308 Win. put a Thompson Center 1.5 X 4.5 scope on it. It was affectionally named "Crowbar". It took care of a lot of problems. From Muskrats, Raccoons, Groundhogs, Deer and Bear.
When the 244 Rem. came out in 1955 it was built on the Model 721 with a 26" barrel, With a 1X12 twist as a varmit caliber. Factory ammo was 75 and 90 gr. With some states requiring 100 gr. bullets as min. weight for deer, bear, antelope and elk. Remington shot themselves in the foot before the 243 Win./244 Rem. race began. Then many years later they came out with the 6mm Rem. Advertised as same case, But Rem said the Model 700 barrel was 1-9 1/2 in some advertisements. They supplied 100 gr. factory ammo.

Because of the 1-12 twist every 244 Rem. I was involved with over the years, Loved the Hornady .243 75 gr. hp bullet. At 244 Rem. velocities the 75 gr hp was a ground hog grenade.

View attachment 465722
Many 6mm-caliber cartridges are used for various shooting purposes because they provide excellent accuracy and light recoil. Some of the greats are (from left) 6mm BR Norma, 24 Nosler, .243 Winchester, 6mm Remington, and .240 Weatherby Magnum.

View attachment 465723

View attachment 465725

View attachment 465724
.30-06 Springfield
Sable Tirur, I just was looking at the pics of the ctgs. that you posted and noticed that you have 5 names and 6 cases. Not trying to be a jerk but curiosity got me. Could you please label them for me again. I think the omitted one may be the second from the right, but can't be sure. Thank You, Paul

Sable Tirur, I just was looking at the pics of the ctgs. that you posted and noticed that you have 5 names and 6 cases. Not trying to be a jerk but curiosity got me. Could you please label them for me again. I think the omitted one may be the second from the right, but can't be sure. Thank You, Paul
Looks like a 6 Creedmoor between the 6 Rem and the 240 Wby.