I have a 50% off Zeiss Gift Cert. / What should I get?

Casimirblue

Per title I have a 50% Zeiss Gift Cert. and I have no experience with Zeiss.
I need a scope for my 280AI, I was probably going to put a NX8 2.5 to 20 as I have other NF scopes, but picked up this gift cert off the PRS prize table.
I have looked on the interwebs but hard to make a choice on a product I/m not familiar with.
If anyone has advice or better yet experience with Zeiss product I would appreciate it.

Mainly eastern hunting / 50 to 400 yds. I could go out west but it would be a rarity.
The 50 yd occurrence is why I would like a 2.5 or 3 power on the low side.

Thanks

I have two of the V6 3-18x50 and the older V5 conquest, and they are great. No issues with dialing and returning to zero. I have not personally compared to the NX8 but other reviews have claimed the glass is equal if not better. The V6 is lighter then NX8 but I don't think that matters in your case to much.
I have seen a lot of support for the V4 in the sub 1k price range with no issues as well with dialing and repeatability. With a 50 off cert I wouldn't hesitate to try out the V6 and just sell it if you don't like it.
Also the 10x42 SF binos are top notch as well.

For 50% off, go to a V6 over the V4. Before you do, notice the vertical adjustment is much less in the V6 as the V4 in the higher magnification models.

If the gift certificate is valid for all ZEISS products, I'd be inclined to look at their range finding binocular. I got one from Sportsman's when they had their ballon pop sale. I luckily got 40% off. So 50% off a $3500 binocular is nothing to pass up. There is NO substitute for good optics, especially when you are glassing for game. Far less eye fatigue, and best in low light. And the RF in those binos allows you to program your ballistics data in them, 9 different loads. Nice to not have to carry the extra range finder either. So if I were you, and the discount is good for binoculars too...

Depends what you want to spend really but with 50% off a V8 2.8-20x56 is going to to get you a big saving and cover you on the close shots. It's a very nice scope but probably overkill if most shots are within 400m.

I tried using and it (50% off) didn't work. I'm waiting on a email response from Zeiss (Or their US int vendor).

I was trying to get V6 3 to 18 with the christmas tree.

Do you want to sell the card ? Ha I would get either a v6 or a v8 rifle scope or the rangefinding binos.Hard to go wrong with zeiss.