I Hate Hammer Bullets!

Not too get off subject the craziest thing I have seen a bullet do was a 25 cal 100 gr Nosler partition form a vacuum seal of the entrance hole with no exit but dropped the big mule deer in his tracks. I started loading Barnes in the smaller calibers until I discovered Hammers I want pretty much a guaranteed exit. I never did find the entrance 3 of us looked long and hard sometimes a bullet can have a mind of it's own

Had that this year. I will post it in 2021 trophies.

I've used the BT for a very long time and to date, none have failed to kill the deer I shot. The bullet above weighed around 100grs the best I remember and so far I have not shot one through the shoulder so you could be 100% on that. I was surprised when I turned the buck over and no exit hole, up to that time I've never had that happen with that combo and haven't since.
Well I can shoot up to 5 WT and 3 Mule Deer each year in TX plus unlimited hogs and exotics so I get a lot more opportunities for failure than most.

I can't remember losing a deer with a BT but I did have some blow up really shallow horribly wounding, but still leaving them extremely mobile.

I'm lucky those were all in big wheat fields giving me lot's of opportunities for follow up shots.

More often than not though, taking a heart lung shot everything in their chest just turned to red jello whether I had an exit or not, frequently I did not.

Still we did have quite a few run 50-100yds or more before cratering.

The last twenty years I've hunted much brushier country and a lot of CRP where follow up shots are unlikely so I want something I can count on punching the shoulders and slicing through the spine every time.

Well I can shoot up to 5 WT and 3 Mule Deer each year in TX plus unlimited hogs and exotics so I get a lot more opportunities for failure than most.

I can't remember losing a deer with a BT but I did have some blow up really shallow horribly wounding, but still leaving them extremely mobile.

I'm lucky those were all in big wheat fields giving me lot's of opportunities for follow up shots.

More often than not though, taking a heart lung shot everything in their chest just turned to red jello whether I had an exit or not, frequently I did not.

Still we did have quite a few run 50-100yds or more before cratering.

The last twenty years I've hunted much brushier country and a lot of CRP where follow up shots are unlikely so I want something I can count on punching the shoulders and slicing through the spine every time.
I get what you're saying. I only shoot when I have a good shot on a deer, it's just my self-imposed hunting style. Yes, it has cost me a few nice deer in the past and probably will in the future.

I get what you're saying. I only shoot when I have a good shot on a deer, it's just my self-imposed hunting style. Yes, it has cost me a few nice deer in the past and probably will in the future.
Same here, I'm not hungry enough to risk wounding one and let them get away.

Like I said though, with the ability to shoot up to 8 a year legally without leaving the state I get a lot more opportunities to fail. Having guided hunts for 25 years I had even more.

Most of the last 20 years I also killed an average of well over 300 hogs a year so I have a pretty extensive pool of wounds I've had the opportunity to examine as well as hundreds of chances each year to see how animals react physically to a shot.

Heck of a man here ladies and gents to start a thread so people can bash his product . Good for you sir
As I mentioned in another thread where someone was trying to sell a product, if you have a superior product all you have to do is show it to people to sell it.

No need ripping other manufacturers to make your product seem better if it really is.

RM makes a top of the line Mono, if not the very best in the country, certainly among the top two or three that I've seen.

People that can't succeed shooting these bullets for hunting probably should learn where to put them or stay home.

I have not used them. They are just too high priced for me. Wish nothing but the best to the owner and appreciate their sponsorship here. I do think it's pretty odd they started this thread.

Since this is just an unproductive thread full of rambling and complaining anyways, I have a new issue with Hammers.

Why did you choose an outfit like Green Top to distribute your bullets? It just seems like a random choice.

Since this is just an unproductive thread full of rambling and complaining anyways, I have a new issue with Hammers.

Why did you choose an outfit like Green Top to distribute your bullets? It just seems like a random choice.
They contacted us wanting to sell them. We have never solicited retailers. The ones we have, came to us.

They contacted us wanting to sell them. We have never solicited retailers. The ones we have, came to us.
That makes more sense! Lol.

It's nothing against Green Top. I thought it was funny when a buddy in Virgina called and told me he saw Hammers on the shelf in a brick and mortar store, but it was an outfit I'd never heard of.

The fact that vendors are reaching out to you to carry your product is a good position to be in.

It's nothing against Green Top. I thought it was funny when a buddy in Virgina called and told me he saw Hammers on the shelf in a brick and mortar store, but it was an outfit I'd never heard of.

The fact that vendors are reaching out to you to carry your product is a good position to be in.
Yes. Much easier to set up vendors that way. Trying to convince a store that has never heard of you to put your bullets on their shelf is pretty much impossible. We tried that back when we 1st started making them.

Word of mouth works if you have a superior product. People then start asking B&M stores if they have the product, soon there's enough demand they feel like they need to stock them.

The best products will sell themselves if you simply get them into people's hands to try and talk about.

That would be my bad. I spend most of my days anymore answering emails and phone calls. About the only time I fall behind is if we are out hunting. I try to catch up when we get back but I know I miss some.

You are welcome to call me or Brian. 406-262-0010 or 406-262-5102 respectively. We are generally in the shop Mon-Fri for too many hrs. We work hard to not miss contacts from customers. My apologies.

That would be my bad. I spend most of my days anymore answering emails and phone calls. About the only time I fall behind is if we are out hunting. I try to catch up when we get back but I know I miss some.

You are welcome to call me or Brian. 406-262-0010 or 406-262-5102 respectively. We are generally in the shop Mon-Fri for too many hrs. We work hard to not miss contacts from customers. My apologies.
I understand. I will give you a call when I can. Just thought email would save us both time. Thanks no apology necessary.