I Hate Hammer Bullets!

One other thought that's free lol. You said lead nosed bullets expanded easy and that lead acted like fluid and copper bullets needed fluid to function. What if you put lead into the open cavity of the bullets out the tip to a point to make more aero dynamic or tip it with the lead in cavity would that solve the terminal issues and raise the BC? The lead might throw off the bullets balance don't know, just a thought.

I would no longer purchase them. I want lead free. I'm scared of lead in my food.

Really nothing. I wish I had never come up with the "Heavy" moniker. It came when we were trying to make the heaviest possible bullet for the slow twists and still have a point on it. They are a Hammer Hunter with a longer baring surface and nearly a flat base. Also a bit shorter nose than typically on the Hammer Hunters.
Ya, I'm really not sure what to do with a 1-11 twist in a 7mm. He's somehow been shooting 162 eldm's for a number of years now and multiple kills and some at pretty decent ranges but was complaining about bullet performance. He bought the 130? Heavy hammers so hopefully they perform good. He kills 1 elk and 1 deer every year.

It's interesting reading most of the complaints are because of thread hijacking. Someone in this thread complaining about hammers jumped in a thread with hammer in the title and said they cost too much bla bla bla. Seems laughable.

Anyway I've never used them. The BC is a little low for what I want. But after reading the thread where the hammer hater was complaining about hammers in a thread asking about hammers, I might try them. I like the idea of a bullet going 4500 fps for coyotes.

There seems to be need for those who hate Hammer Bullets to have a place to vent. So, I decided it would be a good idea to make a place for that to happen. There is no need to hold back here. Let it out. Nobody has to be sly in starting threads that are anti Hammers by saying it is about more choices. Just let it out here. This is a safe place to do it. It is pretty evident that most who hate Hammer Bullets have not used them but have formed a hatred just the same. Let us know how you got this hatred. We don't learn anything about our bullets this way, but we might learn something about marketing. If there are those that hate Hammer Bullets that have used them, please post here. We do learn from these instances and will use that information to get better.

I have one rule for this thread. I do not want any satisfied Hammer users to post on this thread. I don't want anyone to stick up for Hammer Bullets. I am willing to take what comes here and I will monitor the thread and I will handle any defense needed. I don't want this to turn into one side vs the other and have the thread shut down due to infighting.

Let's go.
Hate'm? No. Shoot'm? No.

Personally I'm glad to have another option available but I found what suited me better in another Mono.

Still a good product but there's a lot of good products on the market that for whatever reasons don't suit us but that doesn't mean we hate them.

I have a few comments about Butterbean, if that's ok. Apologies in advance, Steve. Not trying to hijack your thread.

When I first started spending a lot of time on LRH, sometimes BB cracked me up. Then, over time, I started to find him irritating. Then annoying, then frustrating, to the point I was going to just block him in the immediate future.

Then, I watched one of his (maybe his first?) YouTube clips on crimping bullets with the Lee FCD.

Honestly, not at all what I pictured from his posts. Somewhere, we lose a lot in text. I think I have read that something like 75% of communication is NON-verbal. Meaning that if we are going text-only, we are missing WAY more than the majority of what exactly is trying to be expressed.

After watching his video, I am back to having an appreciation for BB. After hearing and seeing him communicate, I have a totally different picture of the guy and how he communicates. And value his input on Hammer discussions, as well as tons of other super valuable info he has spread over the years.

I will say that I can see where some of the posters come from with just an annoyance with seeing Hammers brought up all the time, although I'm a very satisfied Hammer customer, and these posts don't personally bother me.

Anyway, wanted to chime in quick since I've seen BB from both sides. I think in person, the people that are annoyed by him would see him in another light completely. Keep up the good work!
👍

I think I understand you too be saying that word of mouth marketing should not be allowed? I get that you don't like how some people promote our product. We do not have anyone on a mass marketing staff signed to go out on forums to sing the praises of Hammer Bullets. This is the only forum that we have paid for the privilege to advertise. Other than our own forum we do not frequent other forums. I understand there is positive feedback on all kinds of forums out there.

I'm not sure how to take your statement. It sounds like you think Hammer Bullets should try to suppress our customers from publicly commenting. Or somehow limiting them to doing it in a way that meets the approval of you or whoever gets offended by them. This sounds a lot like what antifa does. They want to silence everyone that says anything that they deem unacceptable. I am sure that my comparison here is over the top of what you actually think but the parallel is very easy to draw and would be the same result if somehow policed to get the outcome that you would like.
Comparing what I assume are mostly Patriots here to antifa? That is low, in ways I can't describe here and very unprofessional at the least.
I have been seriously looking at some of your products (99gr hh in particular) for a grendal upper I just bought and you just lost a sure customer.
Now my rant. I don't have anything against Hammer Bullets or their users.
I tend to stay out of the manure throwing contests between fan boys and everyone else, no matter what the topic. Everyone has the right to their own opinions. But it does get old and frankly unproductive when a person ask a question about a bullet from xxxx and all they get is a sales pitch from a Hammer Bullets user. I understand people getting passionate about what they use and feel is best but when a thread starts about a question about a particular bullet or type of bullet and turns into a manure throwing contest it distracts from what the person was asking about. If someone wants to talk about Hammer Bullets they will start a thread asking about Hammer Bullets! Or if they ask for opinions about what bullet to use for x scenario interject your opinion about what ever bullet you like.

Comparing what I assume are mostly Patriots here to antifa? That is low, in ways I can't describe here and very unprofessional at the least.
I have been seriously looking at some of your products (99gr hh in particular) for a grendal upper I just bought and you just lost a sure customer.
Now my rant. I don't have anything against Hammer Bullets or their users.
I tend to stay out of the manure throwing contests between fan boys and everyone else, no matter what the topic. Everyone has the right to their own opinions. But it does get old and frankly unproductive when a person ask a question about a bullet from xxxx and all they get is a sales pitch from a Hammer Bullets user. I understand people getting passionate about what they use and feel is best but when a thread starts about a question about a particular bullet or type of bullet and turns into a manure throwing contest it distracts from what the person was asking about. If someone wants to talk about Hammer Bullets they will start a thread asking about Hammer Bullets! Or if they ask for opinions about what bullet to use for x scenario interject your opinion about what ever bullet you like.
Antifa is pretty strong, for sure. I read this whole thing and the general consensus of censorship, determined by those who are offended by pro Hammer posts feelings of what should be allowed. That is what it reminded me of. The thought police determining what can and can't be said based on their feelings. Perhaps a better comparison could have been drawn. You are correct.

This is reasonable. If I may ask. Compared to what? I can say that our raw material is more expensive than it could be if we used a lesser quality product, but really the greatest factor in bullet price is time. The amount of time it takes to produce a bullet, not counting cleaning, packing, and shipping, it takes about 20 seconds to take raw material and turn it into a single bullet. Cup and core or formed bullets can be produced at tremendously faster rates. I guess it is the nature of cnc lathe turned bullets. Now because they are cnc lathe turned we can hold a .0002" tolerance. Also because they are cnc lathe turned we can make our patented radius drive bands. These radius drive bands cured the issue of copper bullets having too much pressure in tight bor guns and terrible accuracy in loose bore guns.
"You get what you pay for".

Mono's that are made one at a time by machines will always be more expensive because of the added labor and cost for micro level accuracy in machining and inspection.

Rejects that can't be safely or accurately fired can't simply be melted down and tried again, the manufacturers sell them in bulk to the smelters at a loss.

To many of us, a growing number I'm sure, it's worth the extra cost because of the better and more predictable results.

You asked WHY....if you don't like the answer then don't like it! I ..lol was going to use FORD...and I drive one!. It would be best served if any further discussions on Hammer went to YOUR WEBSITE for awhile perhaps instead of here. Just my humble opinion. Just like the Guy at work as you stated.

Why? That would probably hurt Len due to a reduced number of hit traffic which is how advertising rates are based.

Most readers come to this Forum to read and learn about their hobby and interests from others. Some come to help others by sharing their experiences. Some posters have really great/useful information. Some have opinions. Some have passionate, strong opinions, and try to force them on others. And some have hurt feelings.

It's up to the reader/consumer to sort through the abundance of information and decide what's a keeper, and what's best discarded.

I've always stated that restricting members from expressing their experiences, their findings, their opinions, greatly undermines the value of any Forum. It's the worst possible solution, because it inhibits the flow of the least biased sources of information. Which IMO, is information coming from the consumer. The end user of the myriad products available on the marketplace.

Folks that can't stand reading the differing opinions and experiences, can't cope with the flow of information? Advocating for the restriction of that flow of information to suit personal preferences is not a viable solution.

Hurt feelings? Stop reading. Or grab a box of really absorbent tissues.

Last edited:
We live in a hostile environment in which no one is allowed to have an opinion contrary to your own without vicious personal attacks. Healthy debate is a great means to redefine ones opinion. The lack of character is sobering and I hope just a blip on our society radar. Seems like we are facing keyboard gladiators on even beautiful sunrise comments.
03205207-5DA9-4798-A63E-47A2979DC2D7.jpeg
684B6A1D-AFF6-452A-BE89-82753504CAC0.gif

I have been on gun forums for going on 11 yrs, I think some of the most epic arguments stem from choices of bullets.
And I am a snipers hide member, a fight can ensue there over your what brand of coffee you like.
You're a more patient man than me. It took me all of about 4 posts to realize I couldn't handle the drama on snipershide!