I Hate Hammer Bullets!

Winner, winner…chicken dinner…
In our shooting hobby all bullets are a good thing
But yes, as stated above, IT SEEMS that every bullet thread turns into a Hammer Bullet thread
I get it, the guys who use them have had great success with them.
The owner (OP) is a contributor to this website, probably in more ways that we know…

But…if a thread starts out as a Berger/Hornady/Speer…bullet thread let's keep it that way

Enough of the shilling for Hammer Bullets in a thread that started out about another bullet.

yes we get it…his bullets work great, you're friends with the owner, he seems like a great guy, and he benefits financially from your posts threads if they sell his bullets.

At least the Hammer Bullet threads seem believable, with the results that are being posted…
they dont end up with some astronomically high numbers, with extremely heavy bullets that can only be achieved by the one person…We all know who/what I'm talking about…Enough of the BS/borderline dangerous pressures/velocities that are being posted…we want/deserve Pressure Trace Data or don't post data that can only be attained by you…please)

yes Hammer bullets seem to work great…
But enough of the Shilling fellas…please

So have you tried the bullets or not. This thread was originally for shooters who have a reason to "hate" Hammer bullets.

Well said…and, if I may add one thing, I am sick and tired of the overuse and inappropriate use of the adverb "hate" … "hate" is a personal term…can't we as adults just say we like or dislike a PRODUCT…come on folks!
As said before, I don't hate much of anything even the opinions of the people here. Everyone has an opinion, some based on experience and knowledge others on hearsay. I really don't care either way one way or another. I simply don't care for comment made on fiction rather than fact. If you have actually done something, please report it so we don't try to reinvent the railroad so to speak. Share knowledge, not bickering. Report facts about your tests so others can learn from your trials and tribulations. We all have been there and done that, but some of us try something else, let us know the results.

Come on man, you are all over hammer bullet threads, you use them and love them. I looked before I responded. Don't act like it is some objective comment.
Steve - you aren't going to get the input you want because most critics of Hammer bullets get banned from this site, yet your fanbase can do whatever they want with no consequences. You criticize hammer, you get banned. This is my opinion, but I know others share it. Here is some honest criticism:

1. Anytime another highly respected individual in the industry criticizes either monos or bcs, or your bullets performance you put them down to build yourself up. It is very off putting. Brian Litz and the guy who made the video posted by Feenix is an example. You come across as an arrogant A hole a lot of times when you could let your product speak itself.

2. You are always down playing BCs. No other bullet manufacturer makes excuses for their BCs like you do. It varies from rifle to rifle, you can never get them accurate etc. I NEVER hear another manufacturer do that. They post a relatively accurate BC on their website and we all make adjustments in our Ballistics software. Its ridiculous that you continue to do so. Just say my bullets BCs suck, they weren't meant for long range hunting, accept it and move on. I do believe that you intentionally posted higher BCs than were realistic on your site to appeal to the LRH crowd, but that is just my opinion, its hard to prove intent.

3. Your silence or smart A comments in threads where your fanbase is acting inappropriately is just as damning as you joining in and saying those things. It comes across as if you know they are defending you and you approve of the behavior.

4. I don't see it as hate for hammer bullets, I see it as hate for you and your fanbase based on behavior. Just look at this thread, you have supporters defending critical comments even though you asked them not to. Its absurd.
You can see every body is scared to be truly honest or critical for fear of getting banned. It almost always leads to a confrontation and a ban. Guys are tip toeing around the issues.

5. You get extremely defensive anytime there is criticism…you say you can take it and that you want it, but your behavior suggests otherwise sometimes.

Just for creating an account and voicing this I know my time on here is limited and I am guessing this post will be deleted. Just some honest thoughts, from some redneck that owns a lot of guns and shoots a lot of stuff…
You are part of the problem. This is the problem @RockyMtnMT. Your boys are do everything they can to induce a fight that will lead to a ban…we are living in a time where everybody is trying to censor people. It comes across as if you and your fanbase are trying to shut people up and control the narrative.
It is this…this is exactly why people hate hammer. Rich is a perfect representative of the fanbase that people loathe. Rich was told by Steve not to participate, told not to defend, and yet hear he is in all of his glory, picking fights, defending hammer bullets.
You guys just can't help yourselves can you? The owner has specifically asked you guys to stay off this thread. Another thread taken over by the fanbase…this is why people hate hammer.

Considering you created your account yesterday to make your first posts in this thread tells me,

A.) You got banned for something you did under another username and blame it on people who like Hammer Bullets.

B.) You created a second account to hide behind to protect your main account in case you said something stupid that got you banned.

Either way there is no way someone with zero posts on this site could come into this discussion with the animosity that you have had throughout this entire thread. If it bothers you that much then simply put everyone who mentions Hammer Bullets on ignore, you will be much happier for it plus you won't have to fight with anyone and risk getting banned.

Considering you created your account yesterday to make your first posts in this thread tells me,

A.) You got banned for something you did under another username and blame it on people who like Hammer Bullets.

B.) You created a second account to hide behind to protect your main account in case you said something stupid that got you banned.

Either way there is no way someone with zero posts on this site could come into this discussion with the animosity that you have had throughout this entire thread. If it bothers you that much then simply put everyone who mentions Hammer Bullets on ignore, you will be much happier for it plus you won't have to fight with anyone and risk getting banned.
Yep - I created this account after reading several pages of awkward comments and nobody giving him what he asked for. My comments are what he asked for, and people like you were told to stay off the thread. Go back and read Steve's comments, he wanted this. If my comments make you uncomfortable take it up with the guy who started the thread, or ignore me. I also appreciate you putting all my comments in one place for easy reading! Thank you!! And none of what I said is wrong. It may be offensive if you are part of the fan club, but the truth hurts and Steve can do whatever he wants with that info.

There seems to be need for those who hate Hammer Bullets to have a place to vent. So, I decided it would be a good idea to make a place for that to happen. There is no need to hold back here. Let it out. Nobody has to be sly in starting threads that are anti Hammers by saying it is about more choices. Just let it out here. This is a safe place to do it. It is pretty evident that most who hate Hammer Bullets have not used them but have formed a hatred just the same. Let us know how you got this hatred. We don't learn anything about our bullets this way, but we might learn something about marketing. If there are those that hate Hammer Bullets that have used them, please post here. We do learn from these instances and will use that information to get better.

I have one rule for this thread. I do not want any satisfied Hammer users to post on this thread. I don't want anyone to stick up for Hammer Bullets. I am willing to take what comes here and I will monitor the thread and I will handle any defense needed. I don't want this to turn into one side vs the other and have the thread shut down due to infighting.

Let's go.
If you were to clarify that you were soliciting posts specific to "hate or dislike the bullets manufactured and sold", that could eliminate the excuse for the pouting from folk that simply hate the fact that others like Hammer Bullets. To the point that they share their favorable experiences on the Forum.
Nothing to be done about the pouters that rain on the positive feedback. Maybe send them some tissues. The really absorbent ones...

Last edited:
There seems to be need for those who hate Hammer Bullets to have a place to vent. So, I decided it would be a good idea to make a place for that to happen. There is no need to hold back here. Let it out. Nobody has to be sly in starting threads that are anti Hammers by saying it is about more choices. Just let it out here. This is a safe place to do it. It is pretty evident that most who hate Hammer Bullets have not used them but have formed a hatred just the same. Let us know how you got this hatred. We don't learn anything about our bullets this way, but we might learn something about marketing. If there are those that hate Hammer Bullets that have used them, please post here. We do learn from these instances and will use that information to get better.

I have one rule for this thread. I do not want any satisfied Hammer users to post on this thread. I don't want anyone to stick up for Hammer Bullets. I am willing to take what comes here and I will monitor the thread and I will handle any defense needed. I don't want this to turn into one side vs the other and have the thread shut down due to infighting.

Let's go.
Rich Coyle,
In this post...the very first post that started this thread
The first option is:
1) It is pretty evident that most who hate Hammer Bullets have not used them but formed a hatred just the same. Let us know how you got this hatred.

The second option is:
2) If there are those that hate Hammer Bullet that have used them, please post here...

I am in group 1.
I have not used Hammer Bullets. I DO NOT HATE Hammer Bullets...But I really dislike all the endless shilling that goes on for Hammer Bullets.

As I stated before, IT SEEMS if a thread starts out on another brand of bullet...it always ends about Hammer Bullets

And that is getting very old

And yes...this is yet another Hammer Bullet thread
But at least it started out as a Hammer Bullet thread, and didn't get turned into one :)
That's fine...if it starts out as a Hammer Bullet thread, let it end as one...

Because you guys REALLY seem to like Hammer Bullets, and it REALLY SEEMS you to want everyone to know that :)

I am just very happy these folks lives are so wonderful that this trivial stuff seems to be one of their biggest worries.