I guess I made a bad decision using a local company to put rifle parts together I have two single shots now

One thing to be aware of, every stock has different lines, every action is slightly different, every DBM is slightly different. As mentioned earlier, mag height to ensure reliable feeding should be more important than if it sits flush. It should also sit flush, but it might not be perfect. It is one of the risks when it comes to mixing different custom parts together. I agree that any decent gunsmith should be able to complete this work for you.

One thing to be aware of, every stock has different lines, every action is slightly different, every DBM is slightly different. As mentioned earlier, mag height to ensure reliable feeding should be more important than if it sits flush. It should also sit flush, but it might not be perfect. It is one of the risks when it comes to mixing different custom parts together. I agree that any decent gunsmith should be able to complete this work for you.
Agree 100% fit may be off but function is key. I would think you would find the issues you might have by mocking everything up from the start, not waiting till the end and saying I dont know?

Yes, the stocks need to be inlet a little bit more, an 1/8" or less so that bottom metal mag well sides are flush with bottom of stocks but MOA rifles charged me for 4 hrs gunsmithing/fitting on each rifle which they didnt do on either
Your talking about MOA Rifles in Redmond, Or? I have been shooting their Extreme Alipne and find the work to be top self. Maybe take that back to them. It just doesn't sound like the company that I dealt with. High end accurate hunting rifles is their thing.

Your talking about MOA Rifles in Redmond, Or? I have been shooting their Extreme Alipne and find the work to be top self. Maybe take that back to them. It just doesn't sound like the company that I dealt with. High end accurate hunting rifles is their thing.
Thats why I took these 2 builds to them. They build a great rifle! They have done a great job of specking out the components for the rifles they build. But they have limitations on the work they can do on rifle builds with components outside of their norm. I paid for 8 hrs gunsmithing on top of what I paid for chambering and threading cera coat and muzzle breaks. If you cant or do not want to do the work you shouldn't charge for it, now I'm having to send it out to a full service machinist, gunsmithing, gun builder and pay for this work a second time

Last edited:
Well I live in Redmond Oregon I took 2 AG composite stocks, 2 Macbros actions, 2 triggertech triggers, 2 sets of Terminus bottom metal with Terminus mags and 2 Bartlein #3B, 5R barrels in. They were sent out to be threaded and chambered and threaded for muzzle break by Benchmark barrels this work and the cera coat looks great and I know Benchmark does great work. Benchmark only did threaded and chambered they did great work. The problem is the gun builder either cant or dose'nt know how or dose'nt want to fit the actions , stocks and bottom metal together so they work and feed from the mags that I brought in. So they charged for 4 hours Gunsmithing and misc parts on each rifle, gunsmithing is funny because they don't have a gunsmith, misc parts is funny because I had to go find and buy 1/4x28 cap screws because they didn't have them, anyhow I have 2 single shot bolt guns till I send them to a real gunsmith/gun builder that can fit parts together! This outfit just puts parts together and makes hunting video/shows
PM me my son lives/works there (Nosler) and can possibly help ya out. Bolt action Magazines and bottom metal can be finicky so the combo you have simply may not work together. ??? Did MOA recommend this set up or did you buy parts and take to them? Not sure of the details of what is going on but sounds like feeding issue?? Why won't they make it right?? Need more info on what ya have to help ya out. I will be in town next week too.

PM me my son lives/works there (Nosler) and can possibly help ya out. Bolt action Magazines and bottom metal can be finicky so the combo you have simply may not work together. ??? Did MOA recommend this set up or did you buy parts and take to them? Not sure of the details of what is going on but sounds like feeding issue?? Why won't they make it right?? Need more info on what ya have to help ya out. I will be in town next week too.
Never mind, after reading more comments sounds like you know what ya need to do. Surprised they don't have a mill for inletting stocks. Seems Strange.

Talked with owners/manufacturer of both bottom metal and action and they said they work together also the stock has worked with other builds with this action and bottom metal but may need fitting/ inletting. I bought parts and took them in for build. I have found a full service machining/gunsmithing/gun builder. The action and bottom metal are too far apart. Thank you

Have you talked with the guy at thr rifle shop at north end of the Bend airport. I would talk to him he rebarreled a post 70 for me and fitted / adjusted to 2.5 lbs a trigger for me did a great job. Not to far away.

I have been following this thread closely as I moved to Bend 6 months ago and would like a recommendation to get my Weatherby barrel threaded. I would welcome your input. Thanks