I guess I made a bad decision using a local company to put rifle parts together I have two single shots now

harps

Well I live in Redmond Oregon I took 2 AG composite stocks, 2 Macbros actions, 2 triggertech triggers, 2 sets of Terminus bottom metal with Terminus mags and 2 Bartlein #3B, 5R barrels in. They were sent out to be threaded and chambered and threaded for muzzle break by Benchmark barrels this work and the cera coat looks great and I know Benchmark does great work. Benchmark only did threaded and chambered they did great work. The problem is the gun builder either cant or dose'nt know how or dose'nt want to fit the actions , stocks and bottom metal together so they work and feed from the mags that I brought in. So they charged for 4 hours Gunsmithing and misc parts on each rifle, gunsmithing is funny because they don't have a gunsmith, misc parts is funny because I had to go find and buy 1/4x28 cap screws because they didn't have them, anyhow I have 2 single shot bolt guns till I send them to a real gunsmith/gun builder that can fit parts together! This outfit just puts parts together and makes hunting video/shows

Last edited:
Are the stocks already inlet for your action and bottom metal?
Yes, the stocks need to be inlet a little bit more, an 1/8" or less so that bottom metal mag well sides are flush with bottom of stocks but MOA rifles charged me for 4 hrs gunsmithing/fitting on each rifle which they didnt do on either

Last edited:
That's weird. My ag composite stock was an absolute perfectbfitnfor my Hawkins m5 bottom metal

So your bottom metal doesn't go in all the way on the AG stock? The inlet needs to be 1/8" deeper so the mag has correct presentation of the round to the bolt face? Are these magnum cases or ??

Do you every make it over to La Grande?

So your bottom metal doesn't go in all the way on the AG stock? The inlet needs to be 1/8" deeper so the mag has correct presentation of the round to the bolt face? Are these magnum cases or ??

Do you every make it over to La Grande?
Non belted mag 7WSM, yes from time to time

I thought MOA Rifles was supposed to be a high(er) end company, least that's how I have seen them present themselves.

So the parts you have are…. Barreled actions, Stocks and Curtis Terminus bottom metal that need fitted together?

Last edited:
I thought MOA Rifles was supposed to be a high(er) end company, least that's how I have seen them present themselves.

So the parts you have are…. Barreled actions, Stocks and Curtis bottom metal that need fitted together?
They are a really nice high end rifle , they send out to Benchmark for machining and rest of the parts are speck out so that they only have to do minor fitting, Terminus bottom and Terminus mags, not sure about Curtis

They are a really nice high end rifle , they send out to Benchmark for machining and rest of the parts are speck out so that they only have to do minor fitting, Terminus bottom and Terminus mags, not sure about Curtis

Curtis was a typo, meant Terminus. I'm not familiar with any smith's in your area, wish I could help there. If you are ever on your way to La Grande area and haven't found a solution we could talk more. Good luck!