I got a moose!!!

jcvibby

Non-Profit Sponsor
Hey guys, I got back from alaska last week and had a pretty good trip. Shot a Moose!!!!!

It was tons of fun.

Here are some pics. I shot it in the Denali!

We bones out about 600 pounds of meat.

6tia7b.jpg

1z4y9dx.jpg

no too far of a shot. 275 yards. I hit right were I wanted to. Double lung, one shot with my 300 Rum. 200 grain accubond. Moose went right down and layed there for about 20 seconds and then got up on one front leg and then he was down. Dead right there!!!! It was pretty awesome!!!

The rest of the story was alot of work though. Lots of packing meat out and hard work. Fun and rewarding but not for the weak!!!

It was up close and personal when the bear came in to take our meat though!!! Thanks was pretty cool. We had one guy stanting guard and yelling for two hours. trying to scare the bear off. We kept seeing eyes getting closer and closer in the pitch black dark.

Nice swamp donkey and congrats. Seeing that is geting me primed for my trip in 14 more sleeps:) Have a big bull draw this year and it sure would be nice to find one like yours. I prefer tham around that size for a max, they taste way better I find. Once again congrats and enjoy them steaks

Congads to you.I know all about the work ,I had a 2 mile pack one way 10 trips.You must owe your hunting buddies.I do.

that's awesome! have to say though, shooting an animal of that size, i'd be pretty scared about the amount of work involved in packing it out!!

Alaskan Moose is my dream hunt :cool:. Congrats on the great trophy and all the good eating. Wish I could join you at the BBQ!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.